Chapter 37

Helios attacked the heroes with sun beams, Nightwing evaded the attacks and threw the chain that Darkforce gave to him. The sun titan was knocked back by the attack, Robin lunged in with his sword and sliced the chest of the titan. Batgirl jumped in and wrapped the chain around the titan and kicked him multiple times in the face, Arsenal tried to shoot the titan using his arm rocket launcher but Batgirl stood in front of him.

"No, stop!". Batgirl said,"Remember what Darkforce said, we'll only make him stronger if we give him firepower".

Arsenal smirked,"Oh, must have forgot".

"But we can do this!". Robin said running toward the tied up titan.

Then he jumped into the air before landing on the deity and stabbing him in the chest, Helios roared in agony before disappearing in a bright light.

"So, where do these guys go exactly?". Arsenal asked.

"Darkforce told me that their essence returns to him once we kill them". Nightwing said.

"Uh, guys?". Batgirl said.

The others turned to look and they saw a giant water monster in the distance, they figured that the monster was close to the harbour.

"What the heck is that?". Arsenal asked.

"No idea". Nightwing said.

                    ...............................

Mera held on for dear life as the water monster of Poseidon tried to knock them off, she used her powers and blasted the monsters that tried to attack them. Aquaman was smacked away by a powerful beam of water, he fell toward the ocean but at the last minute stabbed his trident into one of the horse monsters and held on.

"Give up, Poseidon!". Darkforce yelled,"You don't stand a chance in this form, you are already weakened".

"You have disrespected the gods for the last time, Spartan". The god said before trying to stab the dark hero.

Darkforce evaded the attack and unleashed a flurry of attacks with the Blades of Chaos, he knew the god was in the center of the monster's chest and he knew that if he removed him, he would win.

"Mera! Try attacking him with more water". He ordered.

Mera called upon the ocean and a large wave rose before enveloping itself over the large version of Poseidon, Mera rolled along the body of the monster before falling down.

Then she collapsed into the waiting arms of Darkforce. Her eyes made contact with his lenses and she looked away blushing.

"Thank you". She said.

"You okay?". He asked.

"Yes". She said.

Then he let her go and she stood on the watery surface of the monster again.

"How strong are you?". He asked, looking up at the head of the monster.

"Extremely". She said.

He nodded and unsheathed a chain and handed one end to her before jumping down toward the knee of the monster, she looked confused by this.

"Mera, by my signal I want you to launch me toward the monster's chest by swinging me with your strength and with the aid of your water powers". He yelled up to her.

Mera nodded before looking up at the monster and noticing that it was heading for the city of Metropolis.

"He's trying to flood the entire city". She said with wide eyes.