Chapter 58

Rain was showering the streets below and drenching every surface left in the open, lightning flashed through the sky but it was silent and no sound was emitted from its strike. A spartan lay in his bed comfortably in his apartment, the sound of rain easily lulling him into a deep slumber. It was times like this when he was the most at peace, no suffering, no pain and no violence. Just him and the quiet sound of rain patterning on the roof of the apartment, it was a welcomed feeling indeed. Before he was further gripped into a deep sleep, he stirred a bit to the sensation of weight pressing down on his bed.

He exhaled through his nose as he decided not to address the feeling, he didn't want anything ruining the moment he was enjoying. He felt the weight positioning itself on the bed, he finally decided to open his eyes and look in the direction of where the weight was causing a nuisance. His eyes were greeted by familiar royal blue irises staring back at him, the jet black hair was the second greeting he received onto his face.

His eyes widened in shock when he realized he was looking into the loving eyes of a woman, a very familiar woman.

"C-Celeste?".

He watched as a loving smile spread onto her face, she reached forward and ran her finger down his face.

"I love watching you slumber, my love". She said softly in a loving manner.

"What treachery is this?". He said trying to get up but felt her hands slowly push him down,"How is this possible? This is-"

"Your eyes do not deceive you, my dear". She said caressing his face,"I'm here and I will always be here for you".

"Celeste". He said realising that she was real,"I can't believe this. I've waited so long for this".

"I've been trying to reach you for so long as well". She said with a sad smile,"I missed you".

"Celeste". He said, suddenly feeling guilty of her being in front of him,"I am so sorry, my love".

A few tears streamed down her beautiful face and she smiled.

"There's nothing to be sorry for, Spartan".

"I hurt you and our daughter in a way that is inexcusable and unforgivable". He said looking defeated,"Can you ever forgive me for what I did?".

She leaned forward and pressed her lips to his and they shared a soft but passionate kiss, He was feeling whole again with her in his presence again and it felt good.

"You have to move on, Asideus". She breathed as they broke apart.

"Asideus". He silently scoffed,"It seems I have even forgotten the sound of my own name".

"I know, my love".

"How can I move on when I have you here?". He asked.

She gave him a sad knowing look and everything began to click in his mind and he felt his heart break again and it hurt even more this time around.

"This...............is a dream". He said realising what was going on.

"I'm dead, Asideus". She said sadly,"Our time has passed, my love. You have to let go".

"Don't say that!". He exclaimed at her,"Please, don't say that".

"You have to find another to fill the void that I left behind". She said, hugging him against her chest,"You will finally find peace through this".

"No woman could ever replace you". He muttered against her chest.

She laughed softly and held him back and stared him in the eyes with an amused look in her eyes.