Chapter 46

If there is one thing that Troy loved about the Batcave is that it had such a dark atmosphere around it and it just gave him so much comfort just thriving in its dark embrace. The protector of Gotham gave him a call a few hours ago and told him to come over, the reason was still unknown up to this point. He casually walked toward the area where the batcomputer was located and looked around as he did so, he walked up the steps with an unreadable expression before hearing shuffling in front of him.

He looked up and saw Alfred standing with a tray of tea.

"Ah, Master Spartan". Alfred greeted,"So good to see you again".

Troy smiled,"Good to see you too, Alfred".

He walked up and slowly turned the chair that faced the monitor and he was surprised to see it empty, he gave a glance at Alfred who merely shrugged.

"Master Bruce was supposed to be here but he was needed back on the Watchtower for..........maintenance".

"Couldn't the others do it themselves?". Troy asked.

"Yes, but Master Bruce usually questions people's methods". Alfred said with a smile.

Troy shrugged in agreement,"Good point".

"The good news is that you can still contact the Watchtower and find out what he has to say. I'm sure he's waiting for your call right now". Alfred explained,"Why don't you sit down and try".

"Sit? On Bat's chair? I don't know". Troy said.

"You could get the Bruce Wayne experience that way". Alfred said jokingly.

That changed Troy's mind as he took a seat in front of the monitor and analyzed it carefully.

"Anything to drink?".

Troy looked up confused,"Huh?".

"Is there something you would like to drink?".

"You wouldn't happen to have ambrosia, would you?".

"Ummmm......."

"Just kidding. I think strong coffee will do".

Alfred smiled and bowed slightly.

"Right away, Master Spartan".

Troy watched Alfred leave with a smile before facing the monitor again.

"Okay, Bruce. What is it you wanna share with me?". He asked," Computer: Contact Watchtower".

He saw the monitor changing to multiple screens before transmitting contact, he watched it go black for a few seconds before he heard static and then jumped slightly when he saw Batman's iconic glaring face come up.

"Do you really have to be angry looking all the time? I nearly jumped out of my skin there". Troy said, relaxing in the chair.

"You're in my seat". Batman said.

"I can get up if you want me to".

"Keep it". The dark knight responded,"I'm glad you got my message".

"Got it and saved it". Troy said, slightly rotating the chair,"So, what's this about Bruce?".

"Darkseid".

Troy stopped rotating the chair and turned to face the screen.

                ............................................

Superman and Wonder Woman were in the mess hall in the Watchtower, they were the only ones there as the rest of the League members were either back on Earth or were somewhere else on the tower.