Let's Meet Again !

Oneshot for Gmrsugarart 's writing contest !

DM FatYoshi5 on discord for my prizes due to me uninstalling discord and not going to be back anytime soon. Please let Nacht know about any prompts for upcoming months

"What's going on
The look in your eyes tells me something is wrong
Stay with me
Help is on the way; just try to breathe."

A soft melody made its way into her brain, surrounding her as the darkness that surrounded her began to softly melt away. It wasn't like the original song by a band she couldn't remember; however, it felt like it was someone singing. The singing was gorgeous; furthermore, the female could only dance around in the darkness alone. Where was she...? Could she escape...? She tried to peel away at her eyelids; however, it was no use. The darkness began to slowly take its grip off of her, and she tried to scream. Her thoughts felt empty as she couldn't remember who she was. Who was she...? She glanced down at her hands, and they seemed so foreign to her that she couldn't make out if they were real or not. The melody that shifted around her began to slowly fade into a small hum.

Her heavy eyelids felt like they were glued shut and rejected to open. She felt like she was out of control of her body as a noisy beeping noise began to flood her ears. The sound was a small, stable throb as the concealment around her surroundings began to gently blur, light and color racing towards her fast as a mumble pattered upwards.

There she laid, in a white room, and the blinds had been thrown open to allow some precious sunlight to steal into the room. The throbbing noise had faded; however, it was now a sensation she felt in her temples.

Where was she...? She tightly closed her eyes as an empty blank only painted itself there in her consciousness. Her green eyes hurriedly veered towards the door as a tall man with gray hair and red eyes entered the room. He wore a long, white looking.... she thought for the longest time; however, the object's name didn't come to mind. Her bewildered thoughts ended when the man moved towards a small table and picked up a tool. He had his back to her as he asked, "hello, Mavy. How are you feeling?" His angelic voice flew around the room as she sat dumbfounded. Mavy...?

That's right! She exclaimed to herself as she placed a hand to her forehead, her fingers snagging on a soft fabric, and began to pick at it. Her name was something of the sort; however, she thought it was something a bit different...

"Woooooooah Mavy." A cold hand grasped her fingers away from the soft fabric on her forehead and gave a stern look. She shivered when her fingers touched his icy cold skin as she couldn't bear to bring her eyes to look at his haunting red orbs. Her soft green eyes focused on the floor as the doctor let go of her hand. "Don't take off that bandage, Mavis."

"W...why...?" Mavis asked. Her throat was dry and coarse that reminded her of something smooth running against sandpaper. Her green eyes finally glanced at the doctor, who moved away from her, his back offering her a break from his haunting red eyes. Has she... seen him before...? Her mind couldn't process the question as a nurse wearing a skimpy white uniform tumbled into the room.

"I'm... very sorry to interrupt Doctor; however, Mavis' best friend is waiting out in the lobby." The nurse had adjusted her dress before standing up and looked like a midget compared to the 6'5 male. Her shoulders were tightly being pressed together, and her legs were crossed.

"Thanks, Virisila." He turned towards Mavis as her eyes began to fall down to his cheek area, a large scratch noticeable on his left cheek. As sudden as she saw the scratch, her attention snapped to a loud noise that visibly took her breath out of her soul.