I'm Never Cute

!! Written for pastelchromist's writing contest !!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Do you believe that there are alternative universes out there where everything bad happens?? Like, where we are corrupt or something??"

"Like monsters?" He stuck his finger in strawberry batter, glancing at the giant glob of batter and sucking off the sweet batter, tasting the sweetness that coated his tongue. He glanced at the individual who had asked him the silly question.

He hit the button on the microwave, checking the time for the sugar cookies that ripened the air. "Like, is that what you're talking about???"

"... I mean... I guess...? Just, alternative universes??"

"Like—"

"Chromy, can you SHUT the fuck up about 'alternative' fucking universes?" A female's voice chimed in through the darkness. They had been slouching against the counter, their dark pink eyes narrowing deeper the more the nonbinary spoke. "Is that fucking all you know how to talk about?"

"Sorry, Eclipse. I don't know what else to talk about since you're helping conversate SO much. Besides, you don't have to swear at me," murmured Chromy, who placed their kitten mittens over their ears, blocking out the angry growl that Ec had unleashed in his bakery.

"Okay... Okay... Babies, let's not fight in Shade's bakery!" A tall individual wearing a blue button up with a teal tie remarked, breaking between the colorful cat hooded Chromy and the shaded wearing, leather jacket Ec. "We all know that baking takes love and care and if an argument breaks out, the flavor is spoiled!"

"Tell 'em not to be such a whiny shit," Ec crossed their arms, her dark pink eyes wandering over towards the pink gloved baker taking sugar cookies out of the oven, wishing they could mute everything around them, instead, their bright pink eyes watered at what their friends were saying all around them.

"I... I am not a whiny shit... Right Shade?" Cried Chromy, their teal eyes filling with water and causing Shade to flinch.

"Yanno, if there were alternative universes, what would we all be like?? Like, would I be the main character in a world or would I be a chaotic villain? Hopefully I'd be good but," Shade cut off in laughter, trying to lighten the mood. Chromy's teal eyes softened up while Ec uncrossed his arms. Shade grabbed a toothpick from a soft red box, feeling the splintering wood before softly stabbing it in the middle of a cookie.

"You'd probably be really buff. Off exploring some places," fantasized Chromy as they took off their hood, revealing rainbow stickers scattered all over their bruised cheeks. "I'd probably be working somewhere... A dead in job. Inso would be relaxing somewhere, cuddling with someone cute and Ec would ride the motorcycle of her dreams!"

Shade gave a small yawn as Chromy's bright teal eyes gazed over at the slightly shorter, they never left the furry white loveseat. "Shade, how's your sleeping going? Your bags are horrible..."

"It's been... Relatively alright! Just recurring dreams, I guess..." Shade lied, their eyes lingered on the pearly refrigerator. Shade hadn't been able to sleep; something prohibited them from closing their eyes and to have energy, he began to...