The Forest of Envy & Love

Oneshot written for the lovely pastelchromist as payment for an adopt!

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

The forest of envy and love was forbidden in the small village along the river of life. It was the biggest rule in her small clan.

The forest of envy and love surrounded the clan she lived in on all sides. There was no way into the clan. No way out that she knew about.

"You were born here and you would die here," she remembered her mother's voice iced with snow. "You are the chieftess's daughter. You will take over the family business and carry on."

"You done with dinner, Enoki?" Her father asked, his glowing green eyes gleamed with optimism. She always felt closer to her Dad. Her mother was always helping the village out and never taking a second off of work. He was a stay-at-home dad with large rimmed glasses and a button up shirt.

"Yeah. I am done. When is Mom getting home?" Enoki asked as she adjusted her skirt as she stood up, handing him her empty plate.

"You know Mom. She will probably be home really late. Make sure you turn off your light if you're still up. You know she doesn't like you reading those books," her Father hummed as he turned around and started doing the dishes.

Her mother wasn't really one for her having her nose in a book and being introverted. She wanted her daughter by her side, both solving community issues together and creating bonds...

... She would often dream of being in charge after her mother stepped down; however, her heart ached. She didn't want that for herself. She didn't...

She turned towards the small corridor and bounced down the hallway and closed her bedroom door. Her bedroom had a light pink wall with small flowers and mushrooms drawn in small areas from her childhood youth.

... Her mind snapped back to the forest of envy and love.

Why it was forbidden? Nobody knew except the Elders. They whispered of darkness, despair, solitude. They whispered of malicious violence. Did anybody know the true reason why it wasn't?

She sighed as she opened her closet and ruffled through her shirts and pants before finding her mushroom hat, her bunny ears twitching ever so slightly as the twitching grew worse and worse before she—

"Enoki? You awake?" A small head popped itself at her window, startling her back. Her white fur and pink accents seemed to glimmer under the moonlight.

"Cerise?? What are you doing here...?? Don't you know that it is passed curfew...??" She stammered as the strawberry cow humanoid gave a cute laugh.

"I wanted to show you something! It won't be long!"

"... You sure...? My Mom could be home any time soon."

Cerise gave a small smile as she nodded, watching the bunny turn off the mushroom lamp and climb out the small window, falling into Cerise's arms.