You're My Superhero

Oneshot written for pastelchromist 💛

Trigger warnings:
- neglect
- mentions of abuse
- kidnapping

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

The villain had been planning this for months. It was so ingenious and notorious that it should have been so simple to come up with the idea in the first place: how to hurt the super hero more and what way of doing that is to capture the most valuable part of the superhero's team but their trusty sidekick?

He watched from the shadows. Watched her enter the poor end of the big city and enter a crumbling motel. Of course, he entered a couple of paces behind her, his red eyes mapping out the place as she held her keycard up to room 101, first room on the right.

He waited in the lobby, waiting for the superhero or anyone to check up on the petite girl; however, nobody came. Nobody wished her goodnight, tucked her in or came home to her. How unfortunate.

However, the villain hadn't been thinking about how odd it is seeing the superhero's loveable companion all alone in a shitty and worndown motel like this. The lights flickered as he exited the motel, the moon high in the sky as he tiptoed nearby her window, cracked open; how unfortunate.

It had begun to sprinkle. A light rain as the villain placed on his mask; however, that didn't obscure his glaring red eyes.

He took his hand, slowly opening the window up as he crawled inside the falling apart room. A weird odor surged up his nose as he clasped a hand over his mouth, ready to gag. Bugs sprinted under the bed as he stood over the superhero's companion.

"Hello, darling," the villain sneered, causing the companion to jerk away, slide against the wall and before she could scream, his cold hand covered her mouth.

"Be a doll and allow me to borrow you from your superhero? They have something I want from them and you're going to be the key in getting it."

He removed his hand when he felt her head shake 'no'. "What do you mean?"

"She won't come for me. You got the wrong individual. Go after Electron, he is her love interest.."

"Unfortunately, I already gambled and did all the math," he responded, grabbing her off the rotting mattress and holding her close to his chest. Unlike what he thought, she refused to fight back or squirm as he held her, which brought a frown to his face.

"You do all the research. You're quite clever. In the end, you always mess up my plans, it's quite important that you're the one I hold for ransom."

"You're... Giving me too much credit..." She murmured quietly as the villain went out the same way he came in, through the window.

"Nonsense. I'm only saying the facts," the villain responded back, his eyes narrowing a bit as the companion squeaked, "but-"

"Drop. It."

The villain didn't seem worried that the companion wouldn't remember her way to his lair, she ended up falling asleep, anyway. He brought her to his home, a business tower that he owned and went down into the basement, where his evil lair flourished.