The Battle For Love

This is payment for an adoptable I am adopting from Gmrsugarart , all characters in here belong to Jackie !!

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)

It had been an extremely long and uncomfortable morning for Mavis. Her eyes hung heavily as she couldn't wait any longer for the clock to strike 12.

Today was her birthday , usually she didn't do a lot on it but a certain someone wanted to change that.

She heard a loud , obnoxious knock coming from her door as she sprinted down the steps.

" Bye !!! " She shouted as she only got a grunt out of her adoptive father who was reading a newspaper in a green chair. She flung out the door and stopped in her tracks when she saw Todd.

" Sorry Mavis, looks like girls night out became girls night out with a third wheel , " Todd's younger sister and Mavis's best friend, Cream sighed. She glared angrily at her brother as he stepped forward taking Mavis's hand and giving it a swift kiss.

" Knock it off Todd... " Cream huffed as her brother slugged her in the shoulder. A small hue appeared on Mavis's cheeks as she realized what the taller male had done.

" You guys going to stand on my porch or what —!? " A grumpy voice shouted through the glass as his red eyes narrowed down.

" Sorry... ! " Mavis quipped as Cream grabbed her hand and Todd sprinted towards the small, red truck that was parked in the driveway.

Todd opened up the back door and seized Cream's arm rather quickly and dragged her to the back seat.

" My truck, you're in back seat , " after he had finished his sentence, his eyes rested upon Mavis.

The back of her neck felt like the sun was baking it and she hopped up front. Usually Cream and Mavis would walk to the beach since Mavis didn't live that far away and Cream shot Todd an ugly glare from the the small mirror, which only caused a smirk to write itself onto Todd's face.

The car ride was rather quiet as the red truck sped down the road , causing Todd to run a stop sign.

" ... Todd ... ! " Cream shouted, her eyes narrowed as Todd veered his head to look at the stop sign they just past.

" Luckily no royal guards were there... "

" Yanno, I don't get why you think you had to tag along ..! " Cream hissed, her voice edged in venom as she crossed her arms.

" Because , " Todd had stated simply, he glanced over at Mavis and placed his eyes back onto the road, " it's someone's birthday today. "

Cream shot Todd a look of disapprovement, not believing that statement for one second and leaned back in her seat , crisscrossing her arms as she let out a scoff.

" ... Sure ... But don't come near us . " She said it so faintly, and Todd only gave a simple reaction by looking through the small mirror and keeping his eyes forward.

They pulled into the beach parking lot and they all climbed out of the red truck. Cream stripped out of her clothes, revealing a purple , two pieced baking suit and glanced at Mavis, who only pointed to the bathrooms with a sheepish grin and raced off before the two could make any replies.

Mavis stepped into the small bathroom and into a stall where she changed into her purple and white flowered , 1 piece bathing suit and picked up her clothes.

She walked outside of the house and let out a small squeak when Todd had cleared his throat.

" Took you long enough .. "

Mavis didn't know how to respond and instead, her ears went down as a dark blush slathered itself over her face. " ... Sorry ... "

" Don't apologize, it's alright, " he responded in a tone that Mavis couldn't quite make out.

Was he being genuine ? She couldn't quite put her finger on it...

She was snapped out of her thoughts as she was grabbed by the arm by Cream.

" Come on Mavis , let's go hang out ! " Cream shouted as she sent a glare towards her older brother, who only shrugged, muttering something under his breath.

\(^o^)/

An hour had passed on the soft beach and Mavis had sat down in the sand, thinking about the cocky Todd.

She didn't know why he had crossed her mind and she sat there in the sand. Cream took a notice to Mavis' behavior and only let out a small huff.

" Who's on your — " but before she could finish, a dust of sand shot up at them and when the dust subsided, Todd was laying in the sand ... Shirtless.

Mavis didn't know why a heavy blush shot her way and in all honesty, usually Todd didn't take his shirt off at the beach.

He sat up and turned towards Mavis, giving her a small wink and then a smirk.

" Happy birthday Mavis ~ " he stood up and brushed the sand from his swim shorts and then Cream shot him a look.

" Get out of here ... "

" Why ? So you can steal my girl ~ ? " Todd huffed and a dark blush appeared on her face once more.

" She's not YOUR girl , " Cream stated simply, " if she was anyone's girl, she would be my sweetheart ~ "

" Oh, so you're asking for a fight ~ ? " Todd cracked his knuckles as Cream started to stretch.

" Yeah, I am Todd. I won't let you take this bean away from me ...! "

Mavis finally decided to speak up for herself. ".. hey guys , I'm not going anywhere so ... Let's not fight. " She squeaked out the last bit and Todd bowed towards her .

" As you wish ~ "

" You're doing the bow wrong — ! " Cream gave a little curtsy and flicked her wrist a lil, " as you wish ~ "

" Tch, curtsy's aren't as cutesy as Mavy is , " Todd snorted out and Cream shot up.

" Yanno, why are you even here ? " As the two argued there in the sand, Mavis decided to sneak away towards the bathroom.

A blush appearing hot on her face and she noticed she had dropped her green sweater outside the bathroom.

She picked up the sweater and a small note dropped out, her eyes scanned the note and she unfolded it, gasping at what was inside.

What was inside was many hearts with the letters T + M in each heart and Happy Birthday on top of the note.

Mavis' heart sped up at what she had just seen....

ლ(' ❥ 'ლ)

Word count : 1165