Inadequate Valentine

This oneshot was meant to be published on Vday of two years ago; however, I kinda.. Got into a writing block so here I ammmmm!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

He'd always held a firm smile that tore at the ends of his lips whenever he watched his significant other dance with someone else.

He always glanced away, bracing himself when he watched from afar as his lover leaned in, not wishing to know if his lips met with a complete stranger.

"I love you" he'd whisper from time to time; however, the shorter couldn't help but sigh, shove his hands deep within his pockets as he flirted with some other individual.

He didn't understand what set him off. He didn't like getting into petty arguments that would end with "I'll try to fix that about myself for your sake". The one day he looked forward to. The one day he would FINALLY get to be romantic with his lover fell short when he sat there for about two hours, getting ready to leave only for him to catch his hand.

"sorry I am late, thanks for waiting."

"you SERIOUSLY are late on our three year anniversary of dating?? You're bad with dates." he scolded only for his significant other to sigh, pulling out a box that was half wrapped.

"I know this doesn't excuse me being late but... I brought you your favorite."

He bit his lip, his eyes turning away, glancing off as he noticed a familiar individual walk in with his date.

"OHMYGOSH, we HAVVEE to say hello!!" he chirped, grabbing his wrist as his torn smile dragged against his chin, deepening as the two groups collided.

"hey... You OK...?"

This was supposed to be our day together, his heart ached as a sheepish smile curled itself onto his face. Was it selfish of him to just want to have a dinner night with someone he enjoyed...? He zoned out as his heart thumped rapidly.

"It's whatever, don't worry about it"

~

It had been a couple of months since their anniversary. Roman had been busy, usually stopping in here and there from time to time. Hristo glanced off to the side as he opened a message from Roman, seeing a picture of him and István hanging out when Rom said he wasn't available.

Roman: work had let me out early, decided to hang with István before the movie!! Meet you there

He closed his phone, shoving his hands within his pockets as his chest began to quiver. He dressed in his fancy outfit, tying his cape around his neck tighter than usual as he stormed out of the house, going down to the  fancy restaurant they had reservations for and pushing open the large door. 

"I am so excited to try this restaurant with you!!"