Leaves

Payment for an adopt for pastelchromist! I actually felt motivated to write a shorter oneshot for you, enjoy! Although it is much shorter than the promised 1000+ oneshot, forgive me.

Moon x Summer in first person because I need practice 💛

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

I had always loved how pumpkin spice tasted, dancing along my tastebuds, who giggled at the action. I enjoyed the sweater weather and pumpkin flurries. However, I enjoyed the way the leaves danced off branches and how the wind blew through my black curls.

Although Fall was my favorite season by far, I couldn't get over the loveliest person in my life, Summer. Summer was the pinnacle of perfection, tall, slender with bold yellow eyes and auburn fur that glowed under the sun's warmth, it was an anthesis for what I looked like, cold, short curls, and small. She made me look like the winds that transformed summer into the colder fall.

My head buzzed while my feet took off, running through the worn down park, swings broken off the chains and a tipped slide with broken dreams. The sand pit had broken shovels and rocks, from bitchy children that wouldn't share the pit, deciding to leave a marker of their territory to a see-saw snapped in two.

So much respect. I mutter to myself, what had this dumb generation come to?? I clench my teeth until my feet get caught in glue when my name drifts towards me like song, "hey Moonie!"

Her bangs clenched to her furry forehead while her tail curled around her slender posture. She gave a petite smile, oh god her amazing smile. Her blue dressed popped with her lighter fur tone while her fingers laced with mine softly.

"I wanna show you something..." She hushed, her glowing yellow eyes tore at my soul, my feet unstuck themselves and followed her enchantedly. How could I not follow her??

She leads me to a small area underneath a large oak that is leaning sideways. I huff at her when she ducks behind the tree and gasps when oranges, yellows and browns spiral all around me. The leaves crinkle all around me until they drop limp to the floor, as if they never had life in the first place.

"Summer??" I ask, she probably knew I was obsessed with fall, it was quite obvious that I buzz her every 5 minutes about my bday, Halloween plans, and fall things in general.

"I'd thought you'd like the out of know where leaves?" Summer shrugged, skipping away as her tail shagged behind her. I raised one of my skinny eyebrows. Odd. Summer never liked getting her tail full of dirt.

I glanced down at the pile of leaves and noticed there was something written so clearly on it. My eyes skimmed it once. Twice. Three times.

I am like the leaves in spring.
When you came around, you were like Fall.
How could I resist not meeting you here?

"Summer!!" I grabbed a handful of colorful leaves, noticing that each and every single unique leaf had a different message written on them, my cheekbones hurt from smiling so badly. "Wait up!"

Words : 540