One Last Dance [ REWRITE ]

This oneshot meant a lot to me back in the day and I wanted to rewrite it and retweak it since writing has been hard for me to get back into.

This one (like the original) is written for pastelchromist! Hopefully you don't find it scummy I am rewriting this.

Trigger warning
- blood
- violence
- angst
- swear words

Enjoy .DD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you here for anything, detective?" A dark voice grinned through the bars of their cell. Their eyes plastered to the badge of the officer: Officer Mitch. The male smoothed back his blond hair as he took a step forward.

"In fact, I am." The detective held up a picture, his dark stormy gray's narrowed under his even darker shades that masked the male's emotions. 

"You show me a picture of her, why?" The male cooed, turning his head to the side as the detective took off his hat and moved even closer. 

"I married her. I want to see the monster that consumed her nightmares. I want to help her get over you." 

The voice didn't say anything at first, their dark eyes flickered up at the detective as they moved towards the bars, his hot breath the detective could feel on his neck, although bars separated the two. A safety net that the detective softly thanked under his breath. 

"Did your WIFE tell you what happened?" The monster pressed, his eyes twisted in ecstasy as he watched the detective squirm backwards. 

"She hasn't opened up to me about that yet." 

"Then allow me to tell you the fateful story of what happened five years ago on Halloween," his voice cackled as crows cawed outside the prison window. 

》5 years ago…《

" Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn ~! " The girl with the pigtails whined, her voice had cut out from the other side of the phone; furthermore, she really didn't want to the Halloween dance alone and wanted her crush to escort her across the silvery, shining floor on Halloween night. 

Paris LOVED Halloween. She loved the idea, the candy, the partying, the mischief. She just wished the person on the opposite side of the phone could understand the beauty of fall… 

" Do you comprehend I'm not one for dancing, Paris? Plus, I don't know if I wanna go… I don't really like Halloween " the cantankerous voice huffed from the other side of the phone, breaking her daydream about being dressed up as a princess. 

She waited all year for this opportunity for the Halloween dance. It was their last Halloween together before the friend group would be split up due to college and she couldn't cope if her love interest didn't go. Didn't he see how much this meant to their friends? To her?? 

"Besides, this stuff is really meant for freshman and sophomores you cannot cope over the school not celebrating Halloween," the voice once again broke into her thoughts, strain so present that she couldn't help but want to strangle the poor man into submission.