My Son [ Au ]

This is an Au ( that isn't canon )

...

He couldn't breathe.

...

Everything around him felt numb as he felt like his legs weren't working. His stormy gray eyes scanned the landscape as his thoughts ran wild.

It was his fault.

It was HIS fault.

The male sat behind the door as he choked back sobs, his mind wanting to start a world war.

The lights were off as he placed his head in between his legs and let out the sobs that invaded his throat.

Multiple seconds later, he heard running up the stairs and loud knocking on the wooden door.

" Mitch ...? " The voice called through the door. The American was still leaning against the door, his mind tired as he tried to choke back the sobs.

" If you don't open up this door, I will come in through the window ...! "

Shit.

Mitch stood up, wiped his eyes on his sleeve, and cleared his throat. He was still sniffling, while he was hoping he could play it off by him having allergies as he had done.

" Mi... " The male on the other side begged, his voice giving in as Mitch's legs had finally stopped seemingly like jelly.

He unlocked his bedroom door and peeked out, seeing a male with messy dark chocolate hair and those lovely, gorgeous brown eyes as they glanced at the broken male, at the male who caused this all too...

Well...

Himself.

" It's not your fault Mitch... " The male reassured the male who only pushed the shorter male away from him.

" No Buck, it is my fault... " The male turned towards the window. His eyes peeping out into the darkness of the night. The thought of what he had done, or what he hadn't done haunted and fueled his negativity.

He felt arms shelter him as the male pulled him close. Buck was shorter than the male by a couple of inches and even though Buck always cracked wisecracks about it, he knew that deep down inside that Buck wished he was a bit taller.

" Mitchell ...! " Buck shouted, he had used Mitch's full name , which caused Buck to gripped the male even tighter. He cupped the taller male's face and squeezed it a bit. " Please don't blame yourself for what happened to Angel- "

" Don't. Speak. His. Name. "

" Mitchell... " Buck sternly said, his voice dropping a bit, which made the American lower his head into the male's shoulder.

Mitch had promised him that he would always be there for him, and then one day, he wasn't. He was off in Europe on a business trip, thinking he can leave his son alone for a few days with Maple, but when he returned after the stressful business trip, Maple was on the ground in tears as Angel's favorite bandanna had been shriveled up on the floor.

" Don't blame yourself, okay Mitch...? " Buck chirped. A loud bang came from downstairs. Their eyes staring at each other in bewilderment as the noise had relatively gotten louder and louder, which caused the two to sprint downstairs.

A figure in a cloak was downstairs in the castle, their back to the two.

" Excuse me!? " Buck shouted, his eyes narrowing as the figure seemed to jump, their face covered in darkness.