Chapter 50

About an hour later I was woken up by my mothers voice. She was being a little over the top about my leg and how much pain her baby must be in.

"It's not that bad, honest Mom," I said as I opened my eyes and cut off her rambling. She just looked at me stunned like she wanted to smack me for my attitude but couldn't.

"My goodness Lottie," she said.

"I love you too Mom," I said.

"Oh I've just been so worried since your dad called," she said. I pulled her into a hug as her phone went off a couple times.

"It's Phil," she said.

"Go tell him I'm okay," I said. She hugged me one more time before heading out of the room to call my stepfather.

"Lottie," Bella said, taking my mother's place.

"Bells," I said.

"Thank you so much for saving me," she said.

"What was I supposed to do? Let us both die? We've got too much life for for that Bella," I said.

"I've just always been terrified that you would just let yourself die if you were in a bad spot. Like you wouldn't save yourself from harm even if it was possible," she said. She looked like she wanted to cry.

I scooted a little bit to my right and patted the bed next to me for her to lay down beside me. We held each other for a bit before I spoke again.

"Bella, I have so much to live for and I know that know. There's you, and mom and dad. I have AJ and the band, and Emmett and all of the Cullens," I said. "I know how much you all love me even on my dark days."

"I love you Lottie," she said. "Thank you for saving me."

"I love you too Bella," I said. She wiped her eyes and sat up on the edge of the bed. Shortly after she'd composed herself and Mom had returned, Dr. Cullen walked in with his whole family in tow.

"I couldn't keep them at bay any longer," he said as AJ sprinted to my side and wrapped his arms around me gently. I saw my mother and sister step out of the room, obviously uncomfortable with the family's presence.

"You had me so worried," he said.

"Sorry bro," I said. "Just doing my sisterly duties."

He glared at me harshly and I laughed a bit. He softened up and relaxed.

"Lottie," Alice said.

"I hear you and Rosalie have volunteered to help me out," I said.

"Well you don't expect Bella to be able to basically carry you everywhere, do you?" Rosalie asked with a chuckle.

"That is a good point yeah," I said. The family started  asking questions about how I was feeling and what I was thinking pushing Bella out of the way to save myself. Jasper kept a good distance from me, and Emmett remained close to him. They were most likely scared that Jasper would lose his control.

Once everyone was satisfied with the information they had gotten from me, Edward moved forward a bit.

"Thank you Lottie," he said. "I know I haven't been the warmest to you or your sister, but thank you for saving her life."

"You're welcome," I said. "And I understand your cold shoulder Edward. We've talked about this. There's a lot at risk. I'd give me the cold shoulder too."

He chuckled at that and smiled, making a smile appear on my face too. He didn't smile often, but when he did he could light up the room. I understood exactly what my sister saw in him even if she would not own up to it.

Before long Carlisle was ushering his family out and sending mine in to say goodnight so I could rest up before heading home the following day.