Chapter 26

Set up in the basement was a whole gig setup for Saving Charlotte, including my guitar.

"Alice, mind explaining why my guitar is here and not at my house in it's case?" I asked, turning to face the pixie.

"You and AJ are going to play a show for us. The basement is sound proofed," she said.

"Were you going to ask?" I questioned.

"You wouldn't say no to us," she shrugged it off.

"Well I'm not playing a gig in this," I said, looking at the dress that still covered my body.

"We've got you covered," Alice said, handing me a bag and pushing me into the bathroom that was down here. I quickly changed into a tight gray croptop, a pair of high waisted black skinny jeans, and a red flannel that I left unbuttoned. I glanced at the heels that Alice had made me wear to the party and decided putting them back on was not a good idea.

I returned to the main space and AJ was already sitting behind the drum kit, trying to familiarize himself with it.

"There's my beautiful punk rock girl," Emmett said, kissing my lips quickly.

"I feel much better. No offense Alice, that dress was beautiful. This is just who I am," I said.

"I know that," she said. I walked over and picked my guitar up, strumming it a little as I walked up to the mic.

"Why do you have mics and a guitar amp?" I questioned.

"You're not the only one that can play, ya know," Jasper said.

"You play guitar?" I asked. He nodded a little.

"I'm sure you're way better than me," he said.

"Probably not. We should jam sometime," I said. He agreed as I looked at the mic.

"This is gonna be rough," I said, looking at AJ. "How long since you played?"

"Couple days. I kept trying to get them to practice and they wouldn't," he said.

"You two can practice here if you ever need a place," Alice offered quickly. Rosalie glared a little, but softened to her sister quickly.

"Thanks," I said. "Um, can I get-?" I started to ask, but Emmett cut me off by pressing a bottle of water into my hands.

"Thanks," I said. I took a quick drink before looking at AJ to pick a song.

"I don't know why you want me to pick," he said.

"Fine, Cullen, Hales, which song would you like to hear?" I asked.

"All of them," Emmett said.

"Thanks, but that doesn't help babe," I said.

"Why don't we start with 'Ropes and Blades'?" AJ suggested.

"Sounds good to me," I said. I started strumming the chords to the first song we ever wrote, and I easily fell back into the rhythm of it all.

This is what I was destined to do. This is who I am meant to be. Playing music for others makes me happier than anything else in the world.

Sure, AJ and I would need to pick up a bass player, but everything we have so far is incredibly basic as far as bass lines go. Any idiot could play it.

Either way, with or without a bass player, AJ and I needed to start playing live shows again. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed it until I was holding my guitar again. I'd forgotten how incredibly stress relieving music actually was, but even worse than that, I'd started to forget how life saving it is.