Chapter 8

"It's nice to meet you all," I said.

"You too," a few replied.

"I'm Alice," the pixie said, hugging me tightly.

"Charlotte, but please call me Lottie," I said, returning the hug.

"Alright Lottie. Emmett tells us that you were in a band. Was that your music?" She asked, motioning to my Jeep.

"Yeah that was Saving Charlotte. The song was not one I wrote. AJ, our drummer wrote it. It's called 'Rope and Blades'," I said. I subconsciously slid my bracelets so they were covering my scars. They hadn't moved much, but a little is enough. I'm not ashamed of the scars by any means, I just don't want to go into it with a bunch of strangers.

"I'd love to hear more of your music," Emmett said, snapping me back to reality.

"I've got a few extra CDs. You can have one if you like," I said. He thanked me before leading me off to our homeroom.

His brother Edward was also in our homeroom, and when he walked in, he was freaking out.

"You got kicked out of your last school for fighting?" He asked lowly. So Eric had run that part of the story.

"Nice to meet you too," I said sarcastically, shrugging his comments off.

"Emmett, I forbid you from talking to her. As will Carlisle and Esme," Edward said

"I will deal with Carlisle and Esme," Emmett said. He turned to me, completely ignoring his brother.

"Why did you get expelled?" He asked.

"Got into too many fights," I said. "It was always to protect my twin sister."

"Did she come with you?" Emmett asked.

"No. She doesn't know the fights were about her," I said. "I don't think that'd change her mind though."

"I see. Are you two close?" He asked.

"Incredibly so, yes," I said. Our conversation carried on through homeroom and our first several classes.

Emmett walked me to my last class before lunch. It was the only one I didn't have with him.

"I can meet you here and walk you to lunch if you like," he offered.

"Sure," I agreed.

I headed into the classroom, taking a seat at the back. It was a music classroom. Some elective called Small Ensemble. I was just hoping to get some time guaranteed everyday with my guitar.

"Are you Charlotte Swan?" A girl with jet black hair asked.

"Yeah," I said. She sat down beside me as two guys sat down with her.

"I'm Alex," she introduced herself. "And this is Grant and Matt." She pointed to the two guys. The first was the taller of the two with lighter brown hair and the pale skin of just about everyone in this town. The second was short, maybe 5'9" if he was lucky. He had dark hair that fell into his eyes. All three were dressed like punk rock stars and I realized quickly that I might have just found my crowd.

"We heard rumors that you were the lead singer of a band back in Pheonix and that you play guitar," Alex said.

"Um, yeah both those are true," I said.

"We've been trying to start a band for a while now, but we've needed a singer. You in?" She asked. I agreed to play with them a few times and see what we sounded like. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I could play with a group that wasn't Saving Charlotte.

"What's with you and the Cullen kid?" Grant asked after a while of us just talking.

The teacher had told us he knew he wouldn't get our attention for long so he'd pass us all as long as we played a instrument on occasion. Then he just let us talk.

"Emmett?" I asked. "We're just friends."

"Yeah, well, they've been here two years and they haven't talked to anyone outside their family except for you, so you must be pretty damn special," Matt said.

I hadn't thought about it, but now that he mentioned it, it made sense. Emmett and Edward had yet to talk to anyone that wasn't me. I just figured their friends weren't in their morning classes, but maybe something more was up with them.