Chapter 34

The following morning, Emmet woke me up a little after seven and told me to head down to get breakfast with AJ.

"Come with?" I asked softly.

"I'm going to speak with Edward really quick. I'll meet you down there," he said, kissing my forehead. I nodded and headed down to the kitchen where AJ was sitting on the counter.

"Join me," he said dramatically. I nodded and hopped up on the counter with him. He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me into his side.

"How ya feeling?" He asked.

"Sleepy," I said.

"Still not a morning person?" He joked. I smiled softly as Alice handed me a mug.

"Coffee," she said. I took a sip and smiled.

"Perfect," I said. "Thanks."

"You are welcome dear," she said. "And hot coco for my love."

AJ took the mug and kissed Alice's lips quickly. Emmett walked into the kitchen and kissed my lips quickly.

"Breakfast will be done in a few minutes," Jasper said. I nodded a little and leaned into Emmett as he stood in front of me.

"You are never this clingy, what's going on?" Emmett asked.

"Just tired," I said.

"If you say so," he said.

It fell silent as Jasper finished making the pancakes for AJ and I. We ate and talked a little, finishing before eight o'clock. We split apart, heading separate ways to get ready for the day.

I got dressed in some black skinny jeans and a black hoodie. I added a bit of jewelry as Emmett reappeared from his walk-in closet. He was now dressed in some jeans and a Mariners hoodie. I smiled at him softly and walked over, immediately putting myself into his arms. He complied, hugging me tightly.

"Everything okay baby girl?" He asked softly as he picked me up and sat down on his bed.

"I think so," I said. "I really love you Emmett."

"I really love you too," he said. "You nervous about being separated from Bella for the first time at Christmas?"

"A little. She convinced Mom to let me go back to Phoenix for a couple days around New Years. I'll be back for school though," I said.

"Alice planned on having a party," Emmett said.

"I can't come. Bella and I will just have to make do with our old traditions of making a bunch of food and hanging out watching the concerts," I said.

"Well, I hope I get to meet her at some point. If she's so important to you, then she is important to me," Emmett said.

"Thanks," I said softly. "I think she's going to be moving here soon. Mom wants to move around with Phil and that isn't really conducive with high school life." He kissed my cheek before forcing me to put some shoes on. Alice was apparently complaining about us taking too long to get ready.

Within a few minutes we left and headed for some mall near Seattle.

"We could always ditch them and go to Aberdeen," AJ joked as Jasper started the three and a half hour drive.

"I'm down. I hear there isn't much there though," I said. AJ laughed a little.

"There is no reason to go to Aberdeen, Washington," Alice said.

"No, there's one reason to go to Aberdeen," I said.

"And what is that cause I promise you there's nothing there," Emmett said.

"Really?" AJ asked.

"What?" Alice asked defensively.

"All three of you are dating members of a punk rock band and none of you know why we want to go to Aberdeen?" AJ asked.

It fell silent as they all tried to figure it out.

"Alice seriously. You got me how much Nirvana stuff for my birthday," I said.

"I just saw that you'd like it," she said.

"What does Nirvana have to do with anything?" Emmett asked.

"You want to tell em or should I?" AJ asked.

"Go for it," I said.

"The lead singer of Nirvana, Kurt Cobain, was from Aberdeen," he said.

"So was Krist Novoselic," I said.

The three rolled their eyes at us as AJ began playing Nirvana music from his cell phone.

The rest of the day passed in the same lighthearted manner that we'd started the day in. I was just happy to be surrounded by a bunch of people who love me for me and don't expect anything from me but for me to be myself.