Chapter 41

That night about 6 pm, Emmett showed up at the house to pick me up. I'd spent a couple hours redoing my makeup so that I looked flawless and I had decided on an outfit Alice had bought me. It was a black skirt (major no, but I was looking pretty cute), and a maroon crop top sweater. I also decided on some maroon Converse because Alice wouldn't be around to demand I wear heels.

"You know I could have driven myself," I said, kissing his lips quickly. He handed me some roses which I put in a vase and sat on the table as we continued to talk.

"I know babe, but it is a date, even if it's just at my place," he said. I smiled at him. He looked like he'd just stepped off a run way in his black jeans and button down. It was pretty obvious that Alice had chosen his clothes too. She really does just treat us like little dolls and we let her because she's so dang adorable when she does it.

My father was still at work so we left, heading to Emmett's house. When we walked in, it was eerily silent. There's usually some noise when AJ is here, but it was obvious the house was empty.

"Have you started dinner yet?" I asked.

"Well, I didn't actually get any good at cooking, so Esme helped me out and it's waiting on the table for you," he said. I laughed at him a little and we headed out to the table.

I took a seat at the only place setting and Emmett sat across from me. There were flowers on the table and a few candles.

"How long ago did they leave?" I asked concerned that the candles were already lit.

"I roped Edward into lighting them for me. He left about fifteen second before we got here," Emmett said. I smiled a little as I began to eat the ravioli that Esme had made.

"And it's homemade," I said, smiling a little at Emmett.

"Of course it is," he said, feigning shock.

"Thanks for everything," I said suddenly.

"You're welcome babe," he said.

We continued to talk as I ate, speaking about the most meaningless things. When I finished, we headed up to his bedroom, only after starting the dishwasher, because I refused to leave a bunch of dishes for Esme to clean tonight when she got home.

"Emmett," I said, sitting down on his bed.

"Charlotte," he said, sitting down with me.

"I got you something," I said.

"Babe, why?" He asked.

"Cause this is as much about you as it is me, so shush and take it," I said, grabbing the package from my purse. Had I intentionally carried a larger purse to hide his gift in? Perhaps.

"Thanks," he said, opening the package. "What?" He instantly started chuckling.

"They're cute," I said, looking at the phone cases that I'd gotten. They were custom made and I'd split a picture of the two of us kissing so I was on his phone case and he'd be on mine.

"They're cheesy and perfect," he said. He removed the other item from the wrapping paper and instantly got very excited.

"Babe, you found it?" He asked, holding up the shirt.

"Well, it is my band so finding the merch isn't that difficult," I said. He'd been bugging me for a while for a Saving Charlotte shirt and I kept telling him that I couldn't get my hands on anymore hit he could have the first one when we started getting them made again.

"Thank you so much," he said leaning over and kissing me quickly.

"You're welcome," I said.