Chapter 1

"Miss Swan, I am sorry but you are going to have to be expelled. You broke another students nose and gave her a concussion," the principal said.

"I understand," I said, standing up to leave with my mother. We knew this was coming, so it was no surprise at all that I finally snapped.

"And, Renee, I really hope that you get your daughter under control before someone presses charges," he said. I rolled my eyes. If only he knew the real reason that I got into so many fights.

My mother shook hands with the principal and we left. I wasn't really dreading this car ride. I was dreading the one from Port Angeles back to my father's house in Forks. That would be the one that sucked.

"Charlotte," my mother said softly. "You're going to have to move in with your father."

"I know Mom," I said, biting my bottom lip nervously.

"You know that now you and Bella are going to be separated, right?" She asked, referring to my twin sister who was still in class and had only heard rumors of the fight.

"Yes, mother," I said.

"You can stay here until the beginning of July, then I want you in Forks to get acclimated before the new school year gets started. And, you will call your father and tell him what happened," she said.

"Yes, ma'am," I said.

"Seriously? What happened to your punk rock attitude that got you into that fight?" She asked angrily.

"I don't want to talk about it," I said. I pulled the flannel I was wearing off my shoulders to reveal a tank top that felt much better in the Phoenix heat of early June.

"Why can't you just be one person?" She asked as she drove. I had a license, and so did Bella, but neither of us did much driving. Mom didn't really want us wrecking her car and Phil wasn't around enough for us to even ask to borrow his car. He would let us though, if we truly wanted to. He basically lets us do whatever we want.

"I am one person, Mom. I'm me. I'm Charlotte Anne Swan," I said. "I'm punk rock, but I still respect my elders."

"I raised you better than to fight young lady," she said. I wanted to scoff at that. She'd hardly raised us. Bella and I have been raising ourselves for the most part since we were old enough to talk. 

"I know you did Mom, so I'm sorry to disappoint you like this," I said. She pulled into the driveway of our house and got out, storming off. I headed onto the porch, dialing Dad's home phone from my cell and hoping he answered.

"Hey, Lottie," he said. "What's up?"

"I got into another fight. I was expelled. Can I move in with you at the beginning of July and live with you full time please?" I spoke into the phone.

"Yeah, of course. What happened this time?" He asked.

"They were saying rude things about Bella again," I said. "Saying how she's so hot and she must be gay because she wants nothing to do with them. Then saying how maybe she just hadn't been with a good enough man to realise she is straight. It was just unbearable to listen to, so I told her to knock it off or I was going to knock her teeth out, and she didn't so I did."

"Did you tell your mom?" He asked. It had been our secret as to why I got into so many fights. They were always about me defending Bella. Always. I could take whatever people wanted to say about me, but I never let anyone talk badly about my twin sister.

"No, which is making her angry," I said.

"Alright Lotti. You're more than welcome to move in with me. I've gotta go, we're getting dispatched. I love you Charlotte," he said.

"I love you too Dad," I said.