Chapter 19

When Emmett pulled up in front of his house, I couldn't help but stare.

"This place is amazing," I said.

"Esme designed it herself," Emmett said, parking his Jeep. He got out, running around and opening the door for me.

"About what we talked about last night," he said. "Are you scared?"

"A little," I said softly.

"It's okay. We'd never hurt you. Still, it's perfectly healthy," Emmett said, kissing my forehead gently. I smiled a little at the action.

"Let's head inside," he said, holding his hand out to me. I took it and followed him into the house. I stopped inside the door, taking my shoes off.

"Esme doesn't care," Emmett said.

"This house is immaculate. I'm not wearing my dirty, scuffed up boots through it," I said.

"Fine," he said. He led me to the kitchen where everyone was standing around.

"Lottie," Alice said happily, hugging me tightly.

"Hey Alice," I said, returning the hug.

"You know everyone else," Emmett said. "Well, that is Carlisle and Esme."

"It's nice to officially meet you," I said, nodding a little.

"You too Sweetheart," Esme said.

"Your father was thrilled to be getting you home," Carlisle said. "That's all he'd talk about."

"You're not the first to mention that," I said, giggling a little.

"Mm, I hope you're hungry," Esme said.

"Always," I said.

"Perfect. Emmett said you hadn't had a home cooked meal in a while," Esme said.

"Not since my Nana passed away. Bella and I had to do all the cooking. Dad isn't great in the kitchen either," I said.

"Hey, I'm sure he came by that honestly," Mason said. "His mom probably did all the cooking and didn't let him help."

"You're right. My Grandma Swan was amazing like that," I said.

"Your lunch will be ready in like half an hour," Carlisle said.

"Thanks," I said.

"Come on, I'll give you a tour," Emmett said, placing his hand on my lower back.

I followed him around the house as he told me about each room. The last room we came to was at the end of the hall upstairs. He pushed the door open, allowing me into the room.

"This is mine," he said, shrugging a little. There was a lot of sports memorabilia and pictures of old cars.

"This is a lot cleaner than I expected," I said, looking at the perfectly made bed.

"We can clean pretty quick," he shrugged it off.

"Why do you have a bed if vampires don't sleep?" I asked.

"For you," he said. "Um, Alice can see the future, so when she saw you coming, I figured I might need one."

"Oh?" I asked.

"Well, I mean, if we are mates, which we are, we will be wanting to spend lots of time together and you'll probably spend the night here on occasion," he said.

"We're mates?" I questioned.

"Oh, yeah, vampires have mates, and you're mine," he said.

"Don't you think you should have maybe mentioned that?" I asked.

"Does it change things?" He asked.

"It would've been nice to know when I was worrying myself last night about not being good enough for you," I said shyly.

"Charlotte, you are amazing. You are stunning and smart and talented. You're not perfect, but no one is. You are strides ahead of everyone though, Lottie. I really think you're so amazing and I really like you," he said.

"Thanks Em, I really like you too," I said, kissing his cheek.

"Um, your lunch is done," Emmett said.

"Join me?" I asked. He agreed, taking my hand and leading me down to the kitchen.