Chapter 25

"There's two more parts. First, your presents," Alice squealed, grabbing my hand and practically dragging me down to the den. There were several packages laying on the floor, and all were perfectly wrapped in matte black paper.

"First, this one is from Jasper and I," Alice said, grabbing one and handing it to me.

"Um, did I not mention that you guys didn't have to get me anything? I mean, I'm extremely grateful you did, but you guys don't really know me that well. You've already taken me in as if I were your own. That's truly more than I ever could've asked for," I said.

"We know. We just wanted to give you an amazing birthday. So, suck it up cause we're celebrating," Alice said.

I opened the package carefully so I didn't cut myself. Inside was a new outfit that included a Nirvana beanie, shirt, and what appeared to be custom Nirvana Converse.

"Thanks guys," I said, hugging them both quickly. Jasper was really tense when I hugged him at first, but he relaxed pretty quick.

"Um, you got Rose and I's present, but I wanted to offer to teach you to play video games so you can join our tournaments. I'm sure Emmett could teach you, but he may be a bigger handicap than anything," Mason said causing me to giggle as Emmett got defensive.

"Here, open Edwards next," Alice said.

"Did you pick this out?" I asked, looking at the teenage boy that was sulking in the corner.

"Alice did," he said. I nodded as I opened the package carefully. Inside was a black Polaroid Camera and a string of lights with clips.

"Thanks," I said, walking over and offering to hug him. He actually hugged me in return!

"Here, dear, this is from Carlisle and I," Esme said. The package contained a black PAWZ hoodie and some chocolate.

"Thank you so much," I said, hugging them each in turn.

"You're welcome," Carlisle said.

"I didn't really have the time or money to get you anything, but I did kick Abby and Max out of Saving Charlotte, so you're back in whether you want it or not," AJ said. "Plus, ya know, I'm here."

"That's way better than any store bought gift," I said, hugging my best friend tightly.

"That just leaves me," Emmett said. I turned to face him and he smirked.

"God, not you too," Edward muttered so quietly I almost missed it.

"Here," Emmett said. He handed me a couple boxes and told me to open them. The top one contained a charm bracelet that held a few different music charms and a lightning bolt for Zeus. The next one contained a shirt that read "His Peace".

"I have one that says 'Her Rock'," he said, shrugging a little.

"Emmett, these are amazing," I said.

"You're almost done cutie," he said, kissing my forehead.

"Then there's part three," Alice said happily.

Inside the last and smallest box was a small heart shaped, rose gold necklace that read "His One." Emmett pulled a dog tag that was missing a small heart, the one on my necklace. There was writing too, and it read "Her Only."

"Emmett, I love you," I said.

I was so caught up in my emotions that it didn't register that we hadn't said that to one another before.

"I love you too, Charlotte," he said. He hugged me before leaning down and pressing his lips to mine quickly.

Carlisle cleared his throat before it could be deepened any. Alice began dragging us down to the basement for part three of the party.

"We're heading to bed. Good night. We love you all," Esme said.

The kids all chorused back with I-love-you-toos.

"Oh, and Charlotte, don't let them burn my house down," she said, causing me to giggle as I promised no arsons would take place.