Chapter 28

Over the course of the next month, the school began to buzz with excitement about homecoming. Despite the lack of a football team, the school had huge plans for the week from dress up days to class competitions. There was even a homecoming volleyball game on the Friday night followed by a bonfire.

"Do you want to stay with me tonight?" Emmett asked. "AJ keeps complaining about missing you."

"Sure," I said, kissing his lips quickly as we stood around the fire with the rest of the Cullen's. Dad was standing nearby with Carlisle and Esme, discussing something. AJ, Alice, and Jasper were standing together, all three smiling brightly. Rosalie and Mason were standing with Emmett and I as the two boys discussed something about cars. Rosalie leaned into Mason's chest, happy as can be. Edward had opted to stay home instead of be a part of the family and community, but Carlisle and Esme try to let them do as they please.

"Lottie," AJ said, running over and hugging me tightly. "I have great news."

"Do you?" I asked, giggling as I returned the hug.

"They agreed. I now have the hottest boyfriend and girlfriend at Forks High," he said.

"I'm so happy for you, for all three of you," I said, smiling at Alice and Jasper. I snuck out of AJ's hug and ran over to hug the two of them.

"I love you both. I'm so happy for you," I said.

"We love you too Lottie," Jasper said as they both returned my hugs.

Before long, we decided to call it a night and Dad agreed to let me stay with Alice and Rosalie to get ready for the dance tomorrow. He said he'd meet us for pictures at the Cullen's house about four, which would give us enough time afterwards to go out to dinner at a small restaurant about fifteen minutes outside of town.

When we arrived back at the Cullen's house, Alice was insistent on giving me acrylics, so I got dragged into her and Jasper's room where she forced me into a chair to do my nails as the boys all got to hang out playing video games.

It didn't take her long to make them absolutely perfect though, so I sat patiently and allowed her to do her thing.

When it was done, we returned to the den where the boys were yelling about some video game thing.

"See Alicat, this is why they can not under any circumstances be left unattended," I said, taking a seat in Emmett's lap.

"That was rude," Mason said, acting hurt as he tossed one of Esme's throw pillows at me. Emmett reached around me and caught it quickly.

"Alright, it's getting pretty late," Emmett said.

"Mm, we bought you two the stuff for ice cream sundaes if you'd like," Alice said, looking between AJ and I.

"I'd love that," I said, trying to get out of Emmett's arms, causing him to chuckle and throw me over his shoulder to carry me to the kitchen.

"Emmett, be careful with her. We're starting to play gigs again. I need her not broken," AJ said.

I giggled as Emmett sat me down on the counter and grabbed some bowls from the cupboard.

Alice made us each a perfect little sundae and handed us each our bowls.

"What would happen if you were to eat this?" AJ asked, holding the last nite of his sundae out to Jasper.

"I'd have to throw it back up," Jasper said gently. Everything he did around AJ was done gently with a great amount of care.

"Wait, you know?" I asked, setting my now empty bowl down on the counter.

"Yes, have for a few weeks," he said. I hugged him tightly.

"Y'all could've told me," I said.

"Alright love, it's time for you to get some sleep," Emmett said. I rolled my eyes at him, but yawned a little and inevitably proved his point. He carried me up to his room, allowing me to change quickly before he grabbed some sweats and threw them on in a blur.

"Goodnight my princess," Emmett said, kissing my forehead. I fell asleep quickly, loving the protective feeling of being in his arms.