Chapter 2

When Bella got home that afternoon, she was fuming about me getting into another fight.

"Lottie," she said, sitting down on my bed beside me.

"I know Izzy," I said. "I shouldn't have fought because now I'm expelled and Mom is making me move to Forks in a month."

"No, not that. Well, I mean, we've never been apart so I'm sure it will be difficult, but someone said that the fight was over what people were saying about me."

"Izzy," I said. I've been calling her Izzy since we were learning to talk. Everyone else called her Bella, but not me. She's always been my Izzy.

"Look, I know you're going to tell me that it wasn't about me," she said.

"Because it wasn't. It was about something dumb we shouldn't even have fought over," I said.

"What was it then?" She asked. "A joint? Who was bringing the booze this weekend?"

"Ha, ha," I said. "I don't do that shit. You and I both know it."

"I know Lottie, but it got you to smile," she said. Sure enough, a smiled had spread across my face at her joking around with me.

"I'm going to miss you," I said suddenly.

"I'll miss you too Lottie," she said.

"You're more than welcome to come with me," I said. "I'm sure Dad would love having us both home."

"I'm sure he would, but we both know Mom ain't making it on her own," she said. I laughed in agreement. Bella was right. Without us here, Mom and Phil wouldn't ever get a meal, the bills probably wouldn't get paid, and I'm sure that the house would burn down before long.

"Hey, I have plans tonight, but we need to go out soon," Bella said. I agreed as she headed off to get ready.

Maybe this move wouldn't be so bad after all. I mean, Seattle is the center for hipster culture. Nirvana was formed up there in the great state of Washington. So many great things have come out of the Seattle hipster scene, and that includes Starbucks. I needed to make the most of the move artistically, especially since I'd be leaving behind my band, Saving Charlotte.

I texted our drummer to come pick me up for our last practice before our gig at a big end of school bash. I was supposed to catch a ride back to his place for rehearsal after school, but, well that didn't happen.

AJ picked me up and drove me off towards his place for rehearsal.

"Hey guys, you all know I got into a fight today. Well, I was expelled, so, I have to move back to Forks, Washington where my Dad lives," I said.

"If only we could come with you," Abby, the bassist said. "I'm sure that Washington, hipster vibe would be great for us."

"I'm sure," I said, chuckling a little. "Look, I want y'all to continue to play, please. Use the name and our songs or whatever, but please continue to play. You can try to replace me or you guys and pick up some slack. I don't know. I just know we've put too much into this band for you guys to give it up because I have to leave."

"We promise Lottie," they all agreed. I thanked them and promised to help them audition replacements for me before we began to play through our setlist for the gig. My heart ached at the loss of this, but I couldn't help feeling like this move was going to bring something amazing into my life.