Chapter 51

The following morning, my mother and sister helped me get dressed in some sweats that Alice gave me and one of Emmett's hoodies. Sweats were about all I'd be wearing for a nice long while. Well that or shorts but Forks in March isn't exactly shorts weather. I could, in theory wear dresses but I only do that on special occasions.

"How are you feeling?" My mom asked as I sat on the bed, my leg still propped up on some pillows.

"Pretty good," I said. "I don't have to go to school for a week which will be nice."

"Ha Ha," Bella said. "Who am I supposed to complain too about Edweirdo?"

"Um, well, maybe you should ya know give him a shot," I said. "He's been through a lot Bells and I know you like him. I have it on good authority that he likes you too."

"I can like him and still want to complain about him sis," she said.

"Try Jessica," I said. She laughed a little as my mother returned with my dad, Emmett, and Carlisle.

"Am I free yet doc?" I asked.

"You are indeed," he said. "Keep your foot elevated. And get ahold of me if you need anything at all. Whether I'm here or home."

"Thanks Carlisle," I said, opening my arms to a hug. He walked over and hugged me, his perfect posture never failing.

"Let's get you outta here," Emmett said.

"You have a little scooter thing and a wheelchair, so whichever works best because the school will not allow you to be carried around by Emmett all day," Carlisle said. I nodded and Emmett moved to stand by me.

"Anything else?"

"Don't injure yourself more," he said. I nodded and he shook my fathers hand before my mother threw her arms around him.

"Good thing he's used to me," I mumbled and Emmett smirked a little.

"He deals with a lot of thankful moms," Emmett said. I nodded a little as Dad walked over towards us.

"Your mom is staying for a few days to make sure you're okay, and I've told Emmett he can stay a few nights too. Mainly because you've been demoted to a hospital bed Carlisle lent me to put in our living room," Charlie said.

"Where did Carlisle get a hospital bed?" I asked.

"I don't know," he said. "But it's in our living room so you don't have to venture up the stairs as much. I figure that once a day to shower would be enough of a trip."

I nodded, suddenly very thankful for the half bath on the first floor.

"Can we get KFC for dinner?" I asked. "And also I want a milkshake."

"Do you always think with your stomach?" Bella asked jokingly as a nurse brought a wheelchair in.

"Usually," I said as Emmett and Dad helped me into the wheelchair.

"I'll go get you a milkshake and meet you back at your house babe," Emmett said. "That is if you can get her in the house Charlie."

"I've been doing it for years for Billy," Dad said with a shrug. We headed out of the room to my waiting car. Emmett's Jeep was parked next to it.

"Come on babe," Emmett said, picking me up with ease and helping me into the back seat.

"I'll see you at the house," I said.

"I'll see ya then. I love ya," he said, kissing my lips quickly.

"I love you too." He took the wheelchair to the trunk as Bella got into the front seat and mom got in the back beside me.

"How're you doing baby?" She asked.

"So happy to be outta there."