Chapter 58

Bella's first summer in Forks was filled with nights at the Cullen's place, hanging out and camping or playing video games. We spent countless nights up until the sunrise because the Cullens didn't realize we might be tired.

There was also a good number of Saving Charlotte concerts and jam sessions with the Cullens. We discovered Emmett could sing, which was an amazing discovery if you ask me.

We'd been jamming one night with Jasper and Alice, both of them had beautiful voices. I was convinced it was a vampire thing. Emmett was sort of half laying half sitting behind me as I strummed my guitar. Alice was singing some old song that she'd just given me the chords for when Emmett's face lit up and he started to harmonize with her. I actually froze after a second and quit playing as my jaw dropped. I kissed him quickly before composing myself and telling them to continue.

When the start of our senior year rolled around, we were all excited. One more year of school for some of us and we were off to do our own things. Of course, Alice, Jasper, Rose, Mason, and AJ all graduated already. I didn't mind though. Until it meant Bella dragging her friends into our group. Then things occasionally got a little heated between some of us: Jessica and I usually. She liked to run her mouth and I was quick to jump to the defense of total strangers.

Everything was perfect, even our birthday celebration. Well, until Bella cut herself. Emmett was quick to pull AJ and I into the kitchen before disappearing to help with Jasper.

The Cullens had been kind enough to have our birthday party here again and Alice and Rose had gone all out. Dad had left an hour or so ago when he'd gotten an emergency call.

Bella and I were unwrapping presents together. She gave herself a paper cut and Edward jumped in and threw her into a table. That was all I saw because Emmett had picked me and AJ up and brought us away from Jasper.

"Jas wouldn't hurt me," AJ said as I leaned on his shoulder.

"I know."

I took a deep breath as Esme walked into the kitchen.

"Come outside."

We both followed her out onto the porch where she was keeping an eye on her kids.

"Make sure Edward knows this isn't his fault. My sister just isn't graceful."

She nodded a little and hugged me. She was more tense than usual but it wasn't often she came in contact with fresh human blood.

"He knows that dear."

"I know but he, I just don't want him to do anything drastic. It would crush Bella."

"He knows that too."

AJ was leaning against the railing looking out at his two lovers. I placed my hand on his arm as I watched Emmett hold onto a struggling Jasper.

"They'll be okay. You'll be okay."

AJ just nodded so I leaned into him some.

Edward cleared his throat behind us. "I'm going to take you and your sister home when Carlisle gets her patched up."

I nodded a bit. He turned to walk away but I said his name to stop him.

"You know that was an accident right? Could've happened to anyone."

"I know Lottie."

I nodded a bit and followed him inside to where Carlisle was wrapping Bella's arm in a bandage.

"Go talk to Jasper. I will take the girls home," Carlisle said.

"I-."

"He'll only listen to you right now," Bella said. I nodded in agreement and we headed out to the garage. Carlisle was silent as he drove us home.

"Thank you. Tell everyone thank you. Please."

Carlisle looked at me and smiled a bit before nodding. "You're welcome. You're both family. You know that."

We both agreed and headed inside.