Chapter 37

The next few days were beyond stressful for me. Bella was still insisting on having the party. I tried to talk her out of it time and time again. She wouldn't budge, so on New Years Eve, she started decorating at noon for her party that wasn't supposed to start til 7.

"Bella," I said. "I have a bad feeling about this."

The party was drawing near and I was dressed for it, but I still did not want to go.

"Come on, everyone from school misses you. Besides, you need to let loose a little. Get drunk and enjoy yourself. Your boyfriend will never know."

I fidgeted with the hem of my plaid shirt that I'd left unbuttoned.

"Emmett would know because I tell him everything. And I don't want to get drunk and enjoy myself. I'd rather enjoy myself sober."

"What kind of rockstar are you?"

"The kind that doesn't want to jeopardize herself or her future. AJ and I have a pact. We won't do anything that might potentially harm our reputations in case we make it big one day."

"No one is going to care about you partying, now go start some music it's almost seven," she said, shooing me off in the direction of my old sound system. I started her playlist and within a few minutes people from my old high school started to arrive.

I talked to a few people here and there, but for the most part I sat in the kitchen by myself. I had been texting Emmett all night because I didn't want to be here. He tried to encourage me to have fun, but that wasn't going to happen without my friends. All of my friends were in Forks having a party of their own.

I continually reminded myself my stay here would be over the day after tomorrow, but somehow that wasn't helping me.

I was in the middle of typing a text to Emmett when someone walked up to me.

"Hey Lottie, remember me?" My ex-boyfriend Josh asked.

"How could I forget an asshole like you?" I asked. "How'd you get in here anyways?"

"Your sister likes me still."

"Good for her. I don't. Please leave me alone," I said. He stepped closer to me and I moved away from him, trying not to back myself into a corner.

"Come on baby, once more for old times sake?" He asked, leaning towards me like he was trying to kiss me.

"Josh, no," I said, pushing him away. He stepped toward me again, grabbing my wrists before I could fight back.

"It wasn't a fucking question," he snapped.

"She said no, now step away from my girlfriend before I tear you limb from limb," Emmetts angry voice snapped from the other side of Josh.

Josh seemed almost amused until he turned around and realized how huge Emmett was in comparison. AJ was standing next to Emmett and when Josh realized that he took off.

"Thank you babe," I said, hugging Emmett tightly.

"You're welcome. It's really Alice you should be thanking. She saw it happening when Josh decided to come to the party earlier," Emmett said, refusing to let go of me.

"And Bella wonders why I didn't want to have a party," I said.

"Wanna get out of here? That 24 hour pizza place is still open," AJ said.

"Thank you both for coming to save me," I said, hugging AJ. We headed down to my room so I could grab my wallet and we left without further issues.

I knew Bella was drunk but I sent her a text saying I was going to get food anyways. She probably wouldn't see it until the morning.

As Emmett drove, following AJ's directions, it finally sunk in just how lucky I was to have the life I did.