Chapter 39

As soon as I shut the Jeep doors, tears started streaming down my face.

"What happened baby?" Emmett asked.

"I told Bella everything and she got mad. When I told her I loved her she said whatever and started ignoring me."

"I'll fight her," AJ said.

I smiled a little as my best friend. "No. It's not worth it. It's just she's my twin so I kind of always figured my move wouldn't fuck it our relationship but it did."

"It's okay babe," Emmett said. "She'll come around. She's probably just upset that you're leaving again."

"Yeah probably," I said.

"Or that you have a hot new boyfriend," AJ said. I giggled at him as Emmett put the Jeep into reverse and pulled out of the driveway to start the long ass drive home.

The drive that should have taken at least 24 hours took about 17, so it was roughly three in the morning when Emmett pulled into the Cullen's garage. Dad wasn't expecting me home until at least 2 pm because that trip should've taken way longer than it did.

"Welcome back," Esme said softly as AJ, Emmett, and I walked into the living room.

"Thanks," I said softly. Alice and Jasper walked into the room in search of AJ.

"Alice, thank you," I said.

"You're welcome," she said, walking over and hugging me.

"I think the human needs some sleep," Emmett said gently as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"That would be nice," I said.

"I'll make some breakfast in the morning," Esme promised, causing both AJ and I to agree.

Emmett picked me up and carried me to his room, setting me down on the bed.

"Want some shorts or something to sleep in?" He asked.

"One of your shirts ought to do the trick," I said, waiting for him to toss me a shirt. He did so quickly and I changed before crawling under the covers. He laid down beside me and turned the electric blanket on to keep me warm while he held me.

"Goodnight Lottie. I love you," he said, kissing my forehead as I cuddled closer to him.

"Goodnight Em. I love you too. Thanks for saving me again," I said.

Within a few minutes I was sound asleep.

The next morning, I woke up around 10 am to Emmett being disgustingly cute.

"Babe, it's too early," I said as he continued to compliment me.

"It's 10 am lazy," he said, sitting up and turning the electric blanket off.

I whined at the loss of heat as he tossed one of his hoodies and some leggings at me.

"Rose brought the leggings down for you to wear today."

"I'll be sure to thank her," I said. I got dressed as quickly as I could before throwing my hair up into a messy bun.

"Look you gorgeous."

"Thanks babe," I said, kissing his lips quickly before heading into his bathroom and brushing my teeth and washing my face.

Emmett and I headed down to the kitchen where Esme was cooking away and humming.

"Hi momma," Emmett said, hugging Esme.

"Good morning my loves," she said. I smiled softly at her as Emmett returned to my side.

"Breakfast should be done soon. If you want coffee you know where it is," she said.

"Thanks," I said.

"Want coffee?" Emmett asked as I sat down at the breakfast bar.

"Do I want coffee?" I asked dramatically.

"Fine. Hot or iced?"

"Mmmm hot cause you took away the heated blanket," I said. He rolled his eyes at me as he started making coffee for me.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?" Carlisle asked as he walked by me into the kitchen.

"Okay. Definitely could've used a few more hours though," I said with a soft smile.

"You can not sleep the whole day away babe," Emmett said as he returned the creamer to the fridge and brought me my mug.

"I could try," I said jokingly as he sat down beside me.

"How was your trip?" Esme asked as she finished up making me a plate.

"Pretty stressful honestly," I said.

The four of us sat around talking while I ate.

These moments made me long for the days when this will be my whole life. Obviously, I do not want for anything bad to happen to my dad, but I know that my being with Emmett forever will entail losing those I care about the most in my world. I tried not to think about it, and chose instead to focus on the good things coming to me in Emmett's world.