Chapter 44

"Welcome home Bells," I said as she got out of the car. I could tell she was freezing as she looked at me and rolled her eyes a bit.

"Emmett head home already?" Dad asked. I nodded as little as Bella grabbed her bags angrily. I looked at Dad for an explanation and he shook his head.

"I cleaned out some closet space and your dresser is still empty. Just the one desk but I don't do much in our room as is so you can use it," I said.

"And just the one bathroom. We cleared some shelves for you too," Dad said. She nodded a little bit took off up the stairs with both her bags in her hand.

"Yeah. Emmett asked if I could hang out Sunday. Mason wants to have a video game tournament," I said as Dad and I returned to the house.

"Yeah I don't care. Maybe ask if Bells can come," he said.

"I'll see what I can do but honestly she's not really the video game type," I said. "I doubt she'd want to go."

"Help her make some friends, please," he said. I nodded and started to text Emmett. We started trying to figure out how to make it work. I told him I could just sell it as awful and Bella wouldn't want to go any ways.

Before too long, an ancient faded orange Chevy truck pulled into the space in front of the house and Dad and I headed out to meet Jake and Billy.

"Hey Jake," I said.

"The Jeep is almost done. Just waiting on one final part to come in," he said as he walked over to me.

"Good to know. Don't sweat it. Em is more than happy to drive me around. He thinks he's the better driver," I said jokingly as Bella joined us outside.

"So Bella what do you think?" Dad asked.

"What?" She responded a little shocked still.

"It's your homecoming present," Dad said. Bella started freaking out and Jake ran over to show her some stuff about the truck.

"What's the deal for dinner?" I asked.

"I was thinking ordering some pizza since it my night to buy," Billy said.

"I'm always down for pizza," I said earning chuckles from my father and Billy.

"You talk to Emmett about Sunday?" Dad asked as we waited for Jake and Bella to quote talking about the car. Jake's strength was required to help get Billy into and out of the house.

"Yeah," I said. "It's whatever but I still don't think Bella will want to go."

"So you're still dating Mr. Emmett Cullen?" Billy asked, looking up at me.

"I am indeed Billy. If you had just one more son, maybe I'd date him," I said. "But the son you have is totally infatuated with my sister."

"I know," Billy said and the three of us laughed as the other two finally got out of the truck.

"What's so funny?" Jake asked. We all denied everything as we headed inside.

I pulled Bella aside as Dad and Jake helped Billy into the house.

"Oh, hey Bella. I'm going to my boyfriends on Sunday and Dad asked me to invite you. Um it's like a video game tournament among his siblings, AJ, and I," I explained as we stood in the kitchen talking.

"Not really a video game kind of girl. Also not the biggest fan of your boyfriend," she said.

"Bella, you met him one time and you were too hungover to sit up right. Please give him another chance," I said.

"He chased Josh out of the party," she said.

"Because Josh was trying to force himself on to me Bella."

"No Charlotte. I'm not giving your boyfriend another chance." She stormed off as Dad finally made his way into the kitchen.

"What was that about?" He asked.

"I offered to take her on Sunday and she hates my boyfriend even though the only time she's met him was when she was too hungover to function on New Years." As I explained my eyes began to water.

"It's okay Lottie. You can go without her. And for the record, as long as he makes you happy, her opinion doesn't matter," Dad said, hugging me tightly as I tried to stop myself from crying about how different my twin and I were becoming.