Chapter 22

When Emmett pulled his Jeep into the spot next to Rosalie's BMW, Alice was bouncing around waiting for me.

"Happy birthday," she squealed, hugging me.

"Thanks," I replied, returning the hug. "Mm, Dad said he doesn't want to wear a tie. He said he'd wear a button up and suit jacket, but no tie."

"That's fine. I have a dress for you to wear. I can come over and we can get ready together if you want," she said.

"Sounds great," I said.

As the school day started, a bunch of people stopped to tell me happy birthday. I smiled and thanked them each as Emmett continued to get annoyed because they would act like he wasn't there.

"Babe, those guys were hitting on you," he said. "I saw the way their eyes moved when we started to walk away."

"I don't want anything to do with them though Emmett. I only want you," I said as we headed into the cafeteria and sat down at the Cullen table. I saw Alex looking at me from across the cafeteria. She was shooting me death glares, but after knowing them for three days, Dad arrested all three for underage drinking and that ended any hope of me joining their band pretty quickly.

"The cinnamon roll I promised you," Emmett said, handing me a container as he kissed my cheek.

"You are the greatest," I said kissing his cheek in return as I took a bite. Even cold, these cinnamon rolls had to be the best I'd ever had.

"Happy birthday," Mason said, throwing something at me gently. I caught it, opening the small package as I continued to eat.

"Thanks," I said.

"Alice thought you should have it to wear tonight," Rosalie said. I thanked them again for the necklace and hoop earrings as my phone started going crazy. I checked it to see a call from Bella. That's weird, she should be in school still.

"Hey Bells what's up?" I asked.

"The ICM sent me home," she said.

"Hon, what happened?" I asked, softening my voice for her.

"They were bullying me, saying that now I didn't have my wanna be bad ass sister to protect me," she said.

I knew it wouldn't have stopped, but those assholes just ruined her 17th birthday.

"Just ignore them Izzy," I said. "Go hang out with Mom and eat enough cheesecake for the both of us."

"Alright, I love you Char," she said.

"I love you too Izzy," I said. I hung up, setting my phone down and continuing to eat.

"Everything alright?" Jasper asked, clearly feeling my anger. He's an empath, so he can sense and control other people's emotions.

"Um, honestly, no," I said. "The kids that I got expelled for punching one of them, well, they bullied Bella again this morning. So much that she got sent home by the Intensive Case Manager."

"I'll help you kill them, if you like," Rosalie suggested. She was, and still is, as feminist as a person can be, so men belittling women pissed her off just as quick as it did me.

"No, she'll end up moving here before too much longer anyways," I said. The sentence made me think of AJ. He hadn't brought up moving here in a while, so I wondered if that was still an option.

"Yeah, she will," Alice said, smiling at me. "And she'll fit right in with us."

I smiled, thankful that this group was sort of willing to accept my sister without ever meeting her. Well, Rosalie might not because she can be a bitch to new people, and Jasper will just have a hard time with her human blood.

The rest of the day passed quickly, and before long, Alice was sitting me in my desk chair and ordering me around so she could doll me up for my birthday dinner.