35

The last chapter was a bit uneventful so here is my treat to you....enjoy:)

Alice Avery

"Are you absolutely positive you don't want to talk about it?" Theo asks me for what felt like the millionth time and I nodded my head. I made a pact with myself to not tell anyone about what had went on last night.

"You can stop asking now, I'm all good," I said calmly in hopes he'd believe me.

I decided to race again tonight, it helped me take my mind off all the dysfunctional bullshit. I wanted to forget about last night, what happened, how I acted. Theo and Ricky were just looking out for me and I took offence to it for some unknown reason, I scolded myself for it.

I walked back to my car after my chat with Theo to find Razzle leaned up against my car. I knew he had heard about Vince showing up last night, my personal life seems to flow through the grapevine.

"You ready to lose?" Razzle spoke in a cocky tone, he didn't race often but when he did he always went all out.

"I'm not letting some grandpa beat me."

"You're hilarious darling," he said sarcastically in a monotone voice. "May the best homosexual win."

I climbed back into my car and revved my engine, goosebumps appearing on my skin like it was a routine. Once the infamous checkered flag was dropped, Razzle and I took off in unison. As much as I loved the competition in racing, it was nice to just have some fun once in a blue moon. It didn't matter who won because in a sense we're both winning either way.

Razzle had sped in front of me and swerved side to side like a maniac. I switched gears and sped up faster, hitting his bumper with just enough force. Once I drove up beside him he rolled down his window.

"You're gonna pay for that!" He yelled and I threw my head back laughing.

I felt carefree and that was rare feeling. Street racing was my seconds of nothingness, reality shut off when I raced and that's what I loved about it.

We neared the finish line and Razzle and I were neck and neck. We zipped through the finish line together, resulting in a tie. I slammed on my breaks, my tires skidding across the road. We stepped out of our cars and met between them.

"Rock paper scissors?"

I let out a stupid laugh, Razzle and I would just end up splitting the money instead of some silly tie breaker.

I hung around for awhile, I wasn't a huge people person but given the situation it felt good to be around others. I couldn't be happier that Razzle didn't say anything to me about Vince, I'd eventually have a conversation with him about the topic but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

Theo soon found me, he's been hovering like a hawk ever since last night. Every time he saw me he'd just stare at my bruised eye, it made me feel overpowered and underestimated.

"You gonna head back home?" Theo asked me awkwardly.

"I don't know yet." I replied and shifted my attention away from him. My eyes scanned the crowd the swarmed the street, I stopped once I spotted a familiar face. "What the fuck is he doing here and why is he with Trent?"

Theo turned his head in the direction my eyes burned into, there stood Vince in all his glory talking to Trent over by the keg stands. "Shit," Theo murmured. I began walking towards them but he caught my arm. "Just go home Alice," he said demandingly.

"Why the hell would they be talking to each other? I'm not leaving until I find out what's going on." I tell him and start to make my way over but Theo takes hold of my arm again.