63

Ricky Noir

Airport security and everything in between was painful. I hated it. It was time consuming and I had no patience for waiting. Alice and I boarded the plane after what felt like several hours. She seemed less irritated after we left Theo's.

"You must be an impulse buyer." Alice turns to me as she fastens her seatbelt.

"I am." I reply to her honestly and she playfully rolls her eyes.

"You bought first class plane tickets for an hour long flight." She says, more to herself than to me.

"An hour long of luxury, sweetheart. You can't put a price on that."

"You're so dramatic." She laughs and leans her head back against the seat. The plane rumbled and she squeezed my hand. I didn't mind planes, I've been on enough to be used to them by now. Alice however, hated the turbulence and pierced my hand with her nails as we took off. I imagined that her anxiety would flame throughout the flight, and I'd be there to relieve it.

Eventually Alice's tense posture calmed and she settled into her seat. She kept her seatbelt on and I had a feeling it would stay that way for the rest of the flight. Alice pulled out a pair of earbuds from her pocket and handed me one of them, to which I put in my ear as she chose a song.

A Led Zeppelin song filled my ears, 'Going to California'. I leaned my head back and Alice did the same, I laced our fingers together as we listened. My thumb ran up and down a section of her hand and I looked over to her, her eyes closed, in a trance that the band created.

I never looked at her the way I was now. I mean, I was truly looking at her. Studying her like she was some fascinating novel. Her dark hair was pushed behind her ears, letting me appreciate her earrings that never seemed to match. Alice has faint freckled scattered all over her face. The more she was in the sun the more prominent they became. Her eyes were big, her lashes long and her brows were thick, intimidating. Her lips were light pink and perfect, her neck long and shoulders delicate. She didn't have a necklace on today, however she wore my ring on her finger like her life depended on it. I love that about her, how compassionate and sentimental she is. I love a lot about her and I cherish the hell out of her. I love loving her, I spend all day doing it. I'll spend the rest of my life doing it.

The song ended and Alice's eyes fluttered open. She looked at me right away. "Stop staring," she says.

I smiled at her. She smiled back and picked a new song. Fleetwood Mac played this time, she closed her eyes again and leaned back. I did the same, my hand still holding hers, we listened.

*

We stayed that way for about half an hour. I was awake the whole time, I wasn't sure if she was, she let the music shuffle.

We were half way through our flight. I took my earbud out and pulled her as well. She sat up and looked at me, her brow raised. I stood up then unbuckled her seatbelt, winking at her before I walked to the washroom.

It was a fair size, it was big enough. Few seconds went by and a soft knock sounded on the door and I let Alice in. She was grinning, shaking her head at my actions. She shut the door behind her and locked it.

I slipped my hands around her waist. "You gonna be able to stay quiet?" I asked her and she cocked her eyebrow at me.

"Are you?" She questioned.

I loved when she challenged me. I loved proving her wrong just as much. I covered her lips with my own and she reacted instantly. Her arms hooked around my neck and I cupped her face with my hands as she leaned into me. My tongue swiped against her lips, begging for permission which she allowed. I slowly moved my hands down her body, my fingers digging to her hips.