How Do You Feel Now That You've Ruined Me?

A/N:
-cracks knuckles-

I'm back bïtches.
———————
C/W:
-Mentions of Skip Westcott
-mentions of r@pe
-mentions of torture
-mentions of syringes
-being watched
-mentions of IV's
-mind games
-blood
-panic/panic attack if you squint
-manipulation
-paranoia
-light swearing
-7000 word chapter
——————————-——————————-

Upon losing the consciousness Peter so strongly fought to keep a hold of had been able to feel Tony's hands on him before even that began to fade away. The voices of the medical crew played like background music to a video game, not the priority or the objective. Just there.

But Tony didn't share the situation. No, he was the other side of the story. Instead of things being too faint or being too unaware of the situation he was hyper aware and everything seemed shoved in his face.

Natasha was the one to snap him out of it, slapping his cheek not so gently. They were sitting outside the surgery room of one of Shield's minor headquarters. The basic plainness only added to the understanding of Tony's brain.

It all seemed so repetitive. Peter has been shot before, he'd been stabbed, heck, he's died before and still made it out okay. So why was he so nervous? Well, he wasn't concerned about present Peter. The doctor's has said he'd be fine, although mentioning something about his super healing messing up typical surgical processes.

He was more concerned about future Peter. He hadn't missed the interaction between the two and didn't know whether to applaud his handling of the situation or worry for how he had so easily hidden his fear from the man.

He also hadn't missed how the doctors said nothing of the injection, not telling him what it could have been, what it's doing to his body, or anything.

He was snapped away from his own mind by Natasha snapping her fingers together in front of his face before motioning her fingers up to Fury who was standing in front of the chair he was sat in. How had he not noticed?

He popped any eyebrow. "What?" His voice was a bit rough from minimal water over the past few days, unrelated to the situation other then his lack of caring for himself.

"You risked the lives of our Shield agents by showing up on a mission you were not invited to." Fury said, simply. Tony stood, not liking the man hovering above him. He walked past him, staring at the plain art on the walls.

A man was shown walking on a tightrope with a balancing pole in his hands and depiction of a brain and heart on either side of it.

How metaphorical.

"None of your agents got hurt." He said in response.

"Parker-"

"He's not your agent." Tony reminded. He turned. "Said it yourself."

Fury gave an unimpressed yet amused look. "Stark, we could not have planned for everything Hydra had up their sleeves."

"Oh yes, you didn't plan for this to be a trap?" He scoffed. "Typical."

"We planned for all we could." Natasha butted in, placing a hand between the two. She glanced between them. "You know that."