Sensory Overload

The next day was Saturday. Peter had woken up with a splitting headache. It wasn't just any headache though, It was a sensory overload. All of his senses were dialed up even farther then they were before.

He groaned as he pushed himself up off the chair. Yes he was still sleeping on the uncomfortable chair in the corner of his room. Nobody really noticed because nobody went into either of their rooms.

He checked the clock. It says 6:30. Most of the time Peter was up by 5:45. He sighed at his unproductively. He went to his room and changed into a science pun t-shirt and jeans.

Peter put on a brave face trying to mask the fact that everything was loud and painful. He walked into the kitchen and was greeted with multiple smells. On a normal day he would have loved to smell the fresh bacon and French toast but for now he felt like gagging.

"Hey, Pete! You hungry?" Clint asked. It was like he screaming directly in his ear. Peter winced. "No, not really." Peter mumbled, just above a whisper. "Everything okay?" Natasha asked.

In the kitchen it was only Natasha, Clint, and Peter. "Uh, Yeah." Peter responded. He was lying. He wanted or curl up in the corner and just sleep until the overload passes. "No your not. What happened?" Natasha asked. "Nothin' I'm fine." Peter lied.

"Cut the crap. What's wrong?" Natasha asked. "I just have a headache. It's nothing, I'm fine." Peter responded. Natasha walked over to him. "We can get Bruce to look at ya if you want." She said. "No, I'm okay."

Natasha could tell he was lying. "Do ya think your sick?" She asked. All of the sudden Natasha turned full Mama Spider mode. "Miss Romanoff-"

"Natasha." Mama Spider corrected. "I'm fine. I have homework I need to get to." Peter began waking away but Natasha grabbed his arm right where he had a bruise. It was field last nights patrol. Peter winced.

Natasha noticed and gently rolled up his sleeve to reveal a medium sized black and blue bruise. "What happened?" She asked. "Training accident." Pete responded. "You realize it literally impossible to lie around her, right?" Clint asks.

Peter sighs. "I know." He says. Maya came into the room. "Peter!" She said as she ran to hug him. It hurt his ears really bad but he didn't care. "Ich kann oder kann nicht mit einem Reizüberflutung." Peter Said in German. (I may or may not be overstimulated)

"Geh ins bett, bis du dich besser fühlst!" Maya demanded in German, knowing it meant Peter was having a sensory overload. (Go back to bed until you feel better!) Peter laughed. "Ich werde In ordnung sein." He said. (I'll be fine)

"honestly I have homework to do so I'll be in my room if you need me." Peter Said. Secretly he hoped nobody would bother him. "Wir Spielen So Krankenhaus später!" Maya called after him. (We are so playing hospital later!)

"You guys need to teach me German!" Clint Said. Maya giggled. Peter went to his room and laid under his covers with his phone. The screen was really bright so he lowered the brightness.

After a couple of minutes Maya came in. She did her best to make sure the door didn't squeak. "Hey, Peter. I'm sorry your sick." She whispered. "I'm not sick, My. I'm just-" Peter was cut off.

"Your just going threw the bat part of having superpowers." Maya finished. "Exactly." Peter Said. "Do you want me to tell them your sick?" Maya asked. "No just tell them I'm studying for a big test and that I'm also working on an invention thing." Peter Said.

"I can do that." She said. "Do you what anything?" Maya asked. "No I'm good Maya. But thanks. You should be a doctor when your older." Peter says. "Hmm, I'll think about it." Maya Said.

Peter slept for around 10 minutes before he woke up randomly. He sighed once he realized the overload hadn't passed yet. He went over to the desk that day in the corner of the room and began tinkering with a form of hearing aid.

Except it wasn't really a hearing aid. It was made specifically to block out some noise. His plan was to use these to help with overloads.

As much as he wanted to make a pair of sunglasses or something to help with the brightness that would be too suspicious. He tested out the sound blocking ear buds.

He knew they already existed but these are more advanced. After a little while longer of messing with it he made it to were it nearly blended in with your ear.

The lights were still too bright but whole it wasn't ideal and frankly, it was quite painful but he didn't want to stay in his room all day, in fear of what would happen to Maya.

Peter knew they were safe there but he always felt better if he was with her. He opened the door of his room and the squeaks of the hinges didn't bother thin as much with the new earbuds.

Walking into the living room he saw the general surprise of Maya.

"Ich dachte du würdest in deinem." Maya said in German. I thought you were going to stay I your room.  "Ich Habe etwas gemacht, um dem sound zu helfen." Peter explained, also in German. I made a thing to help with the sound.  (I said thing instead of invention cause I don't know invention in German😂)

Everyone looked at them, confused. Suddenly Peter's Spidey Senses went off. He tried to pinpoint to danger but he couldn't. He protectively grabbed his sister and shoved her behind him.

"Peter, was ist los?" Maya asked in German. Peter, what's wrong? "Ich weib es nicht, aber etwas ist passiert." Peter replied. I don't know but somethings up.

"I want you to know you confuse, amaze, and concern us when you use German." Tony said. Peter was still focused on his spidey sense and his sister that he forgot they were there.

"Oh um, sorry." He quickly apologized. "What did you say?" Steve asked. "It was just an inside joke." Peter lied. He still had his sister slightly behind him. His spidey senses weren't calming down but nothing had happens yet.

That's when he notes it was strongest next to Tony. Peter immediately got nervous. "Umm, Mr. Stark. Can I see that cut on your hand from yesterday?" Peter asked. Everyone looked at him confused. (Wow a lot of people have been confused lately)

"It's nearly healed. I'm fine." He said. Peter immediately knew-

This wasn't Tony.