Medic

T/W:
Mentions of blood
(Tell me if missed any)
————

"One." Tony mumbled, under his breath. In a last moment of desperation he threw the explosives in the air, hoping maybe he wouldn't be hit. But of coarse this logic was majorly flawed and he was hit with a the explosion.

He felt the lower half of his suit break, he felt his helmet crack, he felt the impact. He lost consciousness, falling out of the sky for what felt like the 100th time in his life.

The ringing of the explosion could be heard from all around. Steve heard it and felt his heart drop. He felt his bones grow weak and the color fade from his face. In a moment her snapped out of it, his leadership side taking over. "Rhodey, fly up-"

"Already on it." Rhodey answered, flying up into the sky. Tony falling off of the sky finally came into view. He quickly switched his setting on the suit that allowed the metal to turn soft and almost rubbery.

He thought it would be the safest way to catch Tony, not having enough time to think out the science of it.  He caught Tony as he fell from the sky and struggled as he lowered them both to the ground.

As he placed Tony on the ground they were able to see the full extent of his injuries. Steve tried to reach Tony but was surrounded by a lot of enemy targets. This was similar with a lot of other people. Clint was over by Natasha, worrying about her rather then Tony.

Rhodey saw that bits of Tony's iron man suit were broken and shattered. He took off the helmet and was able to see that Tony's eyes were closer and his lip as well as temple were bleeding.

"Someone call in the medic." Rhodey called into the coms, trying to hide his panic. 'The one mission I come on and people have to hecking die.' He thought.

"Hey, buddy, you gotta wake up." He said, no so gently smacking Tony in the face. It was only then he saw that Tony had a shard of his iron man suit stabbed into his stomach. He knew better then to remove it, instead peeling off some other bits of the suit so he could check a pulse.

It was giant but there.

"Clint you do the medic. Is he okay?" Steve asked, worriedly. He wanted nothing more then to be by Tony's side but these dumb attackers are in his way.

Eventually he successfully gets rid of all of the attackers, tying some up, knocking some unconscious, at this point he just wanted to be by Tony and would do anything to achieve that.

"I don't know, he's unconscious and his pulse is faint. That explosive near destroyed his suit." Rhodey said.

Steve finally made it to Tony, practically flinging himself to the side of his fiancé. "Hey, Tony. Tony, you gotta wake up." He said, hating when he felt tears prick his eyes.

"Clint! What's the situation with the medic?" Steve asked, trying to keep calm but failing.

"He's on his way but it's going to be a bit. Try and keep him stable." Clint answered. "Are you sure you okay?" He asked Natasha.

"I'm fine, go to Tony. I'll round up who's left of the terrorist group." Natasha said, getting up and leaving no room for argument.

Clint sighed as he rushed around looking for where Tony was. He finally found them, seeing Steve supporting Tony's head while Rhodey was on the phone, presumably with shield.

It felt like hours past when really it was only minutes as Steve sat there with Tony in his arms, hoping things would turn out okay. Steve saw Tony's eyes flutter slightly but they didn't open. Tony's mouth twitched but he didn't talk.