Captured Courage

T.W:
Blood, guns

Please tell me if I missed any

Peter jumped up into the building ducking as a security camera made its turn at him. The security camera moved back and forget from left to right so Peter was confident it didn't catch him.

His stomach growled since he had run out of food 2 days ago and gave his small bag of chips to a homeless man. As he stood up at the edge of the building and looked at the sunset he could tell something was off. Without warning he heard a voice from behind him.

"Peter."

Peter turned around to see Tony standing on the roof with his typical suit on and his left arm out wide hinting at a hug. Peter was about to run into his arms when he thought it over.

"Is it even safe for me to go back?" He thought.

All of his thoughts were interrupted when Tony spoke again.

"Peter, let's get you home. Maya misses you." He said.

Peter noted Tony's voice sounded deeper and stronger. He studied Tony more, but only briefly. It was enough for him to notice Tony's hair was darker, he wasn't wearing sunglasses like he normally would be, his looks seemed more harsh then soft, his facial hair was perfectly cut and in no way neglected, and that one of his hands was behind his back.

"Where's Maya now?" Peter asks, on edge.

Tony looks confused but was visibly shuffling closer to Peter.

"At home." Tony answered.

"Home? And where's that?" Peter asked, noting Tony's arm was still being his back, obviously holding something.

"Where it's always been, Pete. I know things have been tough recently so your probably not thinking straight. Let's just get you into the car and we can go home." Tony said with a slight hurriedness in his tone.

"Who's driving?" Peter asked. He was trying to get more answers out of Tony noting something was quiet obviously off. His spidey senses went crazy as Tony took another step closer to him.

"The chauffeur but it's whoever you want but let's go your shivering and on it we'd medical attention." Tony spoke. Now Peter knee something was off. Tony hasn't let anyone drive him anywhere after his parents both died in the 'car crash'.

Peter took another cautious step because, his foot hitting the edge of the building. He didn't have his web shoots so falling from this height was a death sentence. The Morning traffic raged on in the streets below.

"And why should I go with you? I mean, let's face it, you don't want me, I don't want you. It's been an unspoken rule since the beginning. I'm nothing but trouble and Maya's nothing hit a troublesome child." Peter spoke his voice covered with sass. He meant none of the words he said.

Tony didn't sag anything and instead took another step for ward, being nearly arms width away now. Peter tried to take another step back but the end of the building stopped him.

He spotted a ladder only about three feet away from him but he couldn't exactly make his way to it. The ladder didn't mean the top of the building and instead met just below one of its windows.

"Well it's been nice seeing you again but I really gotta fly." Peter said as he jumped off the building.

'Tony' ran to the side of the building to look down expecting the boy's body to be laying there lifeless. He instead saw Peter balancing on the top of a ladder, using gravity to forced it to fall.