Internal Conflict

A/N:
Shhh, this is perfectly on time 🤫

T/W:
Mentions of spicy scenes in movies, mentions of skip westcott, intrusive thoughts

Tell me if I missed any

________________________________

Sighing lightly as he left, almost immediately he felt a being slam against his waist in a hug. He looked down, seeing Maya's brown braided hair. "My? You okay, bug?"

Maya nodded into his chest. "Tired and you said it wouldn't be long but you were gone for like a million years."

Peter nodded, thoughtfully. "Yeah, I know, I know. I've only been to a handful of Avengers related meetings so I didn't exactly know what to expect." He pried her hands off him, placing his hand on her back as he walked beside her.

"Can I have ice cream as an apology?" Maya asked with big doe eyes.

Peter laughed. "I dunno, Bambi, I really get you that mad at me? It was like an hour and half."

"It was two hours, you traitor." Maya jabbed him in the side but her hand only knocked against Peter's sheathed knife. The texture confused her but she promptly figured out he simply had his weapon on him.

Peter smiled, taking her hand. "If we have ice cream here then sure but I'm not taking you anywhere."

"Why?" Maya asked, dragging on the 'y' in an annoyed tone.

"Cause you had ice cream like..a week ago."

"Exactly! A week ago!" She huffed. "You know most people have like 24 pounds of ice cream in a year."

"No way." Peter 'doubted', preparing for the oncoming rant. Maya hummed. "Yeah, and that's like Americans but Norway sells the most ice cream."

"That's crazy." Peter said, nodding along as she spoke. Maya hummed again in response. "Yeah and California sells like the most ice cream in America or something." "Wow." Peter nodded, holding the door open for his babbling sister.

He heard one of the security members sigh deeply. Peter shot him a wink as he shut the door behind him. Maya elbowed him. "Are you listening?"

"Always, princess. What were you saying?"

Maya continued on about various ice cream flavors, the most eaten, etc. "That's very lovely, Maya, all this talk about ice cream had me half wanting some so what do you say we check the freezer?" Peter offered. Maya nodded as they entered the kitchen.

Upon finding no trace of the delicious dessert he said,"Y'know, Bucky will be back from his grocery run soon so fingers crossed he picked some up."

"If he didn't can we go get some?" Maya asked, her eyes glimmering. "We'll see." He shut the freezer. "Wha-"

He was cut off by Clint poking his head into the kitchen. "Hey, you're back! You up for movie night soon?"

Peter nodded. "Sure, popcorn?"

"I got it." Clint entered the room, preparing to make a freak ton of popcorn.