The World Through a Child's Eyes

Peter couldn't keep the wide grin off his face as Steve tried to subtly wipe away his tears of happiness.

"Your crying." Maya said, choking on her words.

"You are too." Steve said, smiling.

Tony lifted Maya up, setting her on his hip in between him and Steve. Both men hugged her, tightly, and so full of love it was as if it was radiating off of them.

Natasha chuckled as she watched the three. She then saw Peter watching and smiling, not included.

Peter didn't care he wasn't included, this was Maya's time and he didn't want to be the one to ruin it.

Natasha made her way over to Peter, swinging an arm around him. Peter slightly flinched but relaxed when his eyes met Natasha's. Natasha squeezes his shoulder, supportively.

"Love you, маленький паук." She said.

Peter chuckles, lightly. "Love ya too, мама паук." He replied, grinning.

This was different to Peter. Different then actually calling Tony or Steve dad, calling Natasha things along the lines of his mother came naturally.

And by naturally it meant Natasha almost immediately called him her 'Baby Spider' or 'Little Spider'. So of coarse Peter began calling her his 'Mama Spider'.

Only Bucky was able to understand that they did this, being the only other one to be able to speak Russian. He never mentioned it or ever translated for anyone who asked.

Slowly the hug between the three broke up and Peter convinced Maya to come walk with him and leave 'the adults' alone to talk over things.

It was a given that harmless teasing and reassuring words would be spread between everyone about the situation. Peter just knew it would be best to give Steve and Tony a moment for it to sink in.

"Well that was sudden." Peter joked as he walked down the hall with Maya.

"Are you mad?" Maya asked, looking up at him

"Of coarse not, for anything I'm happy. It's great that you've gotten to that point with Tony and Steve." Peter answered, supportively.

"Are you going to call them your dads?" Maya asked, innocently.

Peter sighed, his smile only slightly faltering. "Maybe, but not now. Their great, really, but not yet." He answered, struggling to find the right words.

In truth he wanted almost more then anything to call them family, officially, but family never seemed to go well for him. He knew that this was home and this was his new family but his fear told him other wise.

'They'll leave you...they all do...your going to be either forced into foster care with Maya or be separated from her...they're going to send you back to hydra...they're going to hurt you...' The negative side of his brain spoke.

Peter ran his hand through his hair, subtly trying to force those thoughts out. Maya yawned, leaning on her brother as they walked.
"Haven't you been sleeping most of the day?" Peter joked.

Maya shrugged. "I don't know, 'm just tired." She said. Peter chuckled, lightly. "1-10 how tired are you, Princess?" He asked.

"5 1/2. I'm fine." Maya Said. "Well your bedtime is soon anyway. Until then do you want me to show you something cool?" Peter asked, keeping her bedtime in mind.

Maya nodded so fast it seemed her head might fall off. Peter chuckled and took her hand, leading her over to the elevator. He made a quick stop to grab something from his room but wouldn't show Maya what it was.