Sleep Deprivasion

That night Peter was hesitant to go on patrol. Maya wanted him to. To quote,'Look after Queens.' Peter decided against it.

Yes, he felt guilty skipping patrol but right now The most important thing to him was his sister's safety.

Maya got dressed into a rainbow, unicorn, night dress and climbed into the bed. They were still sleeping in Peter's room. Maya's room had been fixed a while ago but she still found Peter's room comforting.

Peter put on an adidas shirt with some plaid night pants. Peter tucked his sister in and sat in the corner residing a book, after checking the windows of coarse. Five minutes later Maya said,"I can't sleep."

Peter closed his book and have her full attention. "Can you tell me a story?" She asked. Peter sighed. "Once upon a time there was a little girl named maya who became very sleepy and went to bed. The end." He said.

"Noooooo, a real story. Or tell me a story of you on patrol." Maya said. "That I can do." Peter sat on the ends of her bed.

He thought back to a couple traumatic patrol events but skipped those ones and went strait to some funnier ones.

"So I come across this man robbing another man in an alleyway. How cliche, right?" Peter begins. Maya giggles. "I say,'I don't think that purse belongs to you. I mean I ain't judging but just saying it's not quite your style.'" Maya laughs again.

"I web the purse to me and hand it to the lady. The lady runs off and I'm left with this criminal. And you won't believe the weapon this guy has. He has a two inch knife. I say,'Oh dear you've found my weakness. Small knives!'"

"I web the knife away form his hands and I'll never forget his expression. It was like-" Peter made a strange face to mock the criminal. Maya laughed.

"I web him to a wall and flag down a cop. He got arrested or something like that." Peter finished. Maya was already asleep.

It's strange how and 8 year old can fall asleep to a bedtime story of Spider-Man. Peter sighs and goes back to his chair in the corner. That night Peter hardly got two hours of sleep.
———————

Peter woke up groggily. He looked over and saw Maya still sleeping in the bed. She looked peacefulness for once Pete thought she might know have a nightmare.

He got dressed in a plain, long sleeved, red, shirt and blue jeans. By the time he had come back from his shower Maya was already dressed.

It was the shower connected to his room so he didn't have to worry about leaving Maya alone.

She was wearing a white shirt, black leggings, some plain white vans and a denim jacket. "Nice to see to your awake princess." Peter greeted. Maya smiled.

"Honestly girl I don't know where you got your style from but it is on point," he complimented. He took her hand and guided her to the kitchen.

Only Steve, Bucky, Natasha, and Clint were up. Maya took a seat in the stool. Peter got 'her cup' out from the cupboard. 'Her cup' was just a plastic cup that looked like glass but wasn't. It had a hint of pink and that's what made her like it so much.

He poured her some milk but only after mixing in a little bit of Hershey chocolate syrup to give it a little more flavor. "Here you go, princess."

He said as he set The cup down in front of her. "Peter, am I going to go to school today?" Maya asked as she sipped her 'chocolate' milk. "Is it okay if we wait just one more day, My?" Peter asked.

In all truth he wanted to keep Maya safe but a small percentage of him just didn't want to deal with Flash. "Yeah, it's fine. Since your so smart you could just teach me the stuff that I miss." She responded.

"Your smart too, plus you've already got your multiplication 7's memorized, right?" Peter asked.

Steve smiled. The way he took care of his sister was so genuine. "Yeah, but we have to learn out 8's next week." Maya said. "Oof the eights." Peter said as he offered a smile.

"I know. I was looking at the multiplication facts and I think it's 9's that will be the hardest." She said. They continued talking about homework and ate their breakfast.

After a quick training session they watched tv. Peter was so tired that he was fighting his tiredness to stay awake. He yawned and Steve asked,"Peter, how much sleep did you get Last night?"

Peter responded,"Eight hours?" "We aren't having a repeat of yesterday." Steve sighed. "Friday how much sleep did Peter get last night?"

"It appears Peter got 1 hour and 56 minutes of sleep." She responded. "Traitor." Peter mumbled under his breath. "Peter....." Steve warned. "I know, I know, I'm sorry. I'll work on getting to bed sooner." Pete apologized, sincerely.

"Why is this happening?" Steve asked. Maya was paying no attention to the conversation as she played with a LEGO set Clint had got her in an attempt to quote,'Be the favorite.'

"I don't know. I just don't realize how late it is I guess. I-I don't know what it is." Peter admits. Steve sighs and shakes his head. "Try and get more sleep, okay?" He says. Peter nods.

He moves to sit down next to Maya. As she is watching her building some sort of donut shop. Before long Peter found his eye closing on him and he was asleep in the floor.

Tony eventually noticed as he walked in. He looked at Steve with loving eyes. Steve got up and scooped Peter up into a blanket. He was so light. 'Too light.' Steve thought. Peter began to stir. "Shh, Pete, go back to sleep." Steve coaxed.

Peter was too tired to argue. Steve place him on the couch.

"Peter's never had a permanent or even generally permanent parental figure in his life." Steve said. They made sure to keep their voices down so Maya didn't here them.

"Your right, Maya has Peter to take care of her but before us Peter Had nobody." Tony said. They frowned, sadly. Peter continued to sleep for the next 3 hours.

Tony found himself also drifting off, considering he hadn't got much more sleep than Peter.

A/N
Hi I'm so sorry about the inconsistency of my updates. I'm also sorry about another filler chapter. I also apologize for the weird chapter names, I can't come up with anything else.

Feel free to leave any suggestions for anything you might want to see in this book.

Also do you think I should add Stony? Maybe even a couple other ships?