Flashbacks

A/N
I meant to post this last night, I swear. 😂

T/W
Flashbacks (tell me if I missed any)

Steve and Tony didn't come down from the roof for a long time. Nobody went up to the roof, that way the couple could have their moment.

It began to rain but there was a sort of roof hangover that Steve and Tony were able to duck under, laughing at the way they looked in the rain.

Peter sat in the library, reading a book Loki recommended to him. Maya sat on the chair, up side down as she read a book Steve bought her. The rain was slightly distracting to Maya.

As she read her mind seemed to be elsewhere and for a couple moments she would teleport to a bad place in her mind.

She would then shake it off and continue to read. This cycle repeated for a couple minutes before she found it harder and harder to get out of that place in his mind.

She tried to stay in the present but it wasn't working, she couldn't fight back the upcoming memories clouding her mind.

Peter pushed Maya behind him, they had only just arrived at hydra for the first time.

"Stay back." Peter commanded to the hydra guard, expecting it to work.

"You don't give the orders, SP8." The guard replied.

"That's not my name." Peter insisted.

"It is now, get used to it." The guard said.

Peter clenched his teeth trying to hide his fear for Maya.

Maya's face was hidden in her brother's shirt as she clenched his hand in hers.

She couldn't remember exactly how it happened but they had managed to separate her from her brothers, dragging the siblings off in separate directions.

Each was being put into a phycological test. At the time they never planned on using Maya as an upcoming agent and instead as a test guinea pig.

"Maya!" Peter screamed as he saw her being pushed around the corner.

This stunt resulted in a slap to the face. It hurt but the guard was definitely pulling his punches. Peter but his lip to keep from crying out. The sound of the slap echoed through the corridors.

Maya tried to scream out for her brother but before she could even get a word out she was slapped too, hard, across the face. She was then shoved into an outside room.

It was outside but their was also a greenhouse sort of building. It had no roof and instead just clear walls. In the center of the room was what looked like a deep pit bit in reality it was generally shallow.

Of coarse it was deep for Maya as her size was much shorter then the guards. The pit was lined with metal but had dirt on the bottom. Without warning Maya was pushed into it, landing on her back.

She whimpered as she made contact with the ground. A small 'splash' was the sound of her collision as it had been raining and the hole had some water in it.

She heard the slam of the metal door shut but couldn't see anything outside of the tube.

"Help!" She cried. As she looked up a raindrop fell into her eye. At this point she couldn't tell what was tears and what was rain.

"Peter!" She called out, her voice muffled by the loud rain.

Lightning shot across the sky soon followed by thunder, the loud and sudden noise scaring the 6 year old.

Her 7th birthday was supposed to be 2 weeks from then but it never happened given the circumstances. That's why Peter wanted her 8th birthday to be so good.

Maya lost track of time. The tube began to slowly get full of more water. Some of it would sink into the ground but the rest would build up.

The rain bit into her skin, cold and wet, as she screamed for her brother. Her lungs hurt but she didn't care as Adrenalin fueled her desire for her brother to be by her side. There to tell her he was okay and she was okay.

She keeps screaming at her brother until that eventually turned into clawing at the metal. She clawed at it with her small fingers, making them bleed.

The loud thunder drowned out her crying and screaming for her brother but her terror only grew as the rain water got to her waist.

She then felt something warm wrap around her. Then something calming brush through her hair.

'W-what? Why-w-whats going on?'

Her confusion drowned out as the tube seemed to melt away only to be replaced by the library room.

She seemed to be snapped back to reality when she found Peter brushing his hands through her wavy hair, whispering calming things to her.

"Shh, Shh, it's okay, Maya." He whispers to her, wrapping a blanket around her shoulders and lifting her up onto his hip.

"P-Peter?" She whispered, confused.

"I'm right here, firefly." He said, rubbing circles onto the little girl's back. 

Maya clung to him. She mumbled something inaudible into his shoulder to which Peter just hugged her tighter.

"Your okay, everything's alright." He spoke clearly to her. Maya nodded moving her hair out of her face. Peter wiped away her tears, sitting with her until she calmed down again.

"Come on, Princess. Let's see if Tony ended up saying yes." He said, trying to distract her.

"Okay...Do you think he did?" Maya asked, curiously.

"I'm gunna bet my purple knife on it." Peter with a grin.

"I already bet Clint my gummy worms that Dad would cry." Maya said with a shrug.

"What'd he bet?" Peter asks, taking Maya's hand as they walked toward the kitchen.
Maya's answer was cut off by Clint.

"Boo!" He yelled grabbing Maya from behind. Maya screamed then after realizing it was Clint punched him in the shoulder.

"Ow..." Clint said, rubbing his shoulder.

"Karma!" Natasha called from the living room.
Clint stuck out his tongue at her, causing Maya to snicker. Peter smiled at them, loving to see the joy on his sister's face.

He swore to himself years ago he would never let anyone take that smile from her. And now, he constantly blames himself for something he knew he couldn't control.

A/N
I hate that this is so late. (I'm sorry about that) Hope your all staying safe, having a lovely day, and washing your hands.

~Sammy