Past Revisited

Months passed where nothing happened. No word from hydra, hardly any missions for the Avengers. It was peculiar.

The lack of danger from the past months put Peter on edge. He stared out the window absentmindedly twirling a knife in between his fingers.

It was glitter decorated as Maya had decided to bedazzle yet another round of his weapons. He was so focused on the outside world he didn't see Steve come in.

"Hey, kiddo." Steve greeted, walking up behind Peter but stopping so he wasn't so close. He took the fact that Peter doesn't like people walking up behind him into account.

Peter turned around, shooting a smile at Steve.
"Hey." He said, quietly.

He took his place on the window seat beside the child he saw as his own.

"What're you thinking about?" Steve asked.

"Nothing." Peter replied, simply.

"That's unlike you. Most of the time Peter Parker would have something going up in that big brain of his." Steve said with a smile.

Peter smiled back at him. "Things have just been so..quiet. Maya's nightmares have calmed down, hydra hasn't bothered us, it's all just so...suspicious." He admitted.

Over the past couple of months Peter had learned to be more open with what he was feeling, however he still kept a lot of things to himself.

"Maybe Hydra's finally just lost interest. Or they found something else to be obsessed over." Steve offered.

"Someone else to be obsessed over. The day hydra leaves me alone is the day they found someone else's life to ruin. I'd much prefer them being constantly occupied by me then some other kid." Peter said.

Steve sighed. "They probably just decided to work on attacking shield. No one in particular."

"I can't help but feel guilty at it, though." Peter admitted.

"Nothing that hydra has done or ever will do is your fault. It would be unfair to force all that upon a fifteen year old."

'Sixteen.' Peter thought.

His birthday had been a while ago. He hadn't realized it until later on but his birthday happened sometime around when he was on the streets.

'When I met Joan is when my birthday was...' Peter thought, casually. 'Wait...Joan!' he had completely forgot about the man he had labeled as his friend.

He also forgot about the nice old lady. One thing he didn't forget though, was the other man in the ally. The one Joan saved him from.

"Peter. Peter. Peter!" Steve snapper his fingers to get Peter out of his trance of thought.

"What-oh. Oh, yeah, sorry." Peter apologized.

"What's happening in that big brain of yours?" Steve asked, moving Peter curls out of his face.

"Nothing, I just...I think I'm gunna go out as Spider-man for a bit." Peter decided. Steve looked skeptical but didn't Argue. Peter went to his closet, grabbing something out of the pocket of one of his hoodies before summoning his suit, instantly taking on the Spider-Man persona.

"Stay safe." Steve reminded.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll keep it in mind." Peter said, letting his Spider-Man sass through. Steve shook his head, a smile plastered on his face.

"Friday?" Peter asked.

"Yes, Peter?" Friday answered.

"Open window six-B." Peter said, trusting that Friday's new updates were working.