Small Sacrifices

(Yes that's a picture of a sunset. Why is it here? I'm not sure but I like it.)

T/W:
I don't think any but correct me if I'm wrong.
—————-—————-—————-—————-

After Peter and Maya fell asleep Tony filled in Natasha and Steve about what Peter had told him.

"So technically speaking he can be arrested again, right?" Steve asked.

"I'd think so." Tony answered, deep in thought.

"I'm gunna call up Shield, use a favor from Nick." Natasha announced, pulling out her phone.

"So what, we're gunna get him thrown in jail and just leave it at that?" Tony questioned.

"What else is there to do? It's the proper way to serve justice." Steve answered, locking eyes with his fiancé. Tony rolled his eyes. "I just feel like there's so much more we could do to him..." He mumbled.

"But not all those options are ones Peter would want. As much as I can imagine he hates Steven I don't think he'd want physical harm to come to him. That's just how Peter is." Steve pointed out, placing a hand on Tony's shoulder.

"But can I at least like...high five him in the face?" Tony half joked. Steve elbowed him, playfully.

Natasha hung up her call with Fury after explaining the situation in medium detail. "Done. Nick's sending a couple people to go give Steven heck." She said.

Nick Fury has only met Peter and Maya one time and that was when they was first rescued from the hydra facility. From the moment Fury laid eyes on the two kids he immediately swore to protect them. So to hear that one of them had been hurt he didn't hesitate to send people to 'take care' of Skip.

"Do you want to tell Peter that's Steven's gone now?" Steve asked. "No, I think it can wait. I think he needs to drop the subject for a bit." Tony answered. Steve seemed unsure but said nothing.

"This has me thinking...what else has Peter kept a secret from us?" He asked.

"I imagine it's a lot. That kid's got a past and it's not anyone's job to pry into it." Natasha answered. "Not to mention pair that with teenage years and yeah, I bet he's got some stuff he's hiding."

Steve seemed confused. Tony seemed worried.

"Relax, nothing like that. Friday is able to tell if Peter were doing anything along the lines of underage drinking." Natasha answered adding a small chuckle at the two men who acted like parents. Tony hummed in understanding. Steve shrugged his shoulders, knowing Peter wouldn't do anything like that anyway.

"Peter mentioned something about Bucky acting weird earlier. I didn't look into it too much but when I went to talk to him he seemed  
perfectly fine. Is that something I should be worried about?" Steve asked.

"Probably not. Peter and Bucky have a weird relationship. You'd think they'd be close because they have similar pasts but it's more of tolerating each other's existence." Natasha explained. "I can't remember when but a while back, probably about two months ago, they were having an argument about something."

"Argument? Peter hardly argues with anyone." Tony said, a hint of doubt lacing his voice. Natasha rolled her eyes.

"Everyone argues, it's a just a matter of with who and how often. In this instance it's quite often with Bucky." She said.

"Well, I'll leave it alone then unless I notice Bucky actually acting 'weird'." Steve announced, only then realizing he was holding Tony's hand in his. Tony has noticed but of coarse said nothing as he had no problem with it.

The three slowly dispersed, going on about their night. Soon the next day came and everyone got up at different times as they always do. Peter woke up to to his phone playing 'Sofia the First' as it's alarm.

He slid out from the bed and shut it off before Maya could wake up. 'Of coarse she changed my alarm.' He thought, a smile creeping onto his face.

He went over to her tablet and quickly changed her background to a selfie of him with his tongue out at he held up a peace sign. He glanced over at his soundly sleeping sister before putting the tablet back and leaving the room.

Peter walked into his room to change. He was wearing the same clothes as he was yesterday, meaning he slept in his blue jeans and T-Shirt. He quickly changed into a pair of black jeans paired with a white shirt, adidas, and a dark blue, plaid, flannel jacket.

He walked into the kitchen, expecting to see everyone gathered around the table as usual but instead saw no one. But before Peter could stand in confusion any longer Friday spoke up.

"Sir, Mr. Rogers would like me to inform you that him along with most of the Avengers team had to leave on a last minute mission." He said.

"Oh." Peter mumbled. "Do you know when they'll be back?"

"They were very vague about the time but to my knowledge sometime either tonight or tomorrow." Friday answered.

"Oh, okay. Thank you, Friday." Peter said, walking over to the kitchen and getting ready to make himself some breakfast.

"My pleasure, Sir." Friday said.

Soon enough as Peter was pouring some cereal into a bowl Maya walked in, sleepily.
"Where is everyone?" She asked.

"They're out on a mission so we have the place to ourselves other then maybe like Wanda or someone showing up." Peter answered.

"Oh..." Maya said with a yawn. "You sure aren't a morning person." Peter joked, pouring milk into his bowl

Maya shrugged. "Whats for breakfast?" She asked.

"Umm..." Peter paused, takings a moment to look inside the cereal box. It was empty. "Cereal." He said, passing her his bowl without hesitation.

He grabbed a spoon from the drawer. "Unless you want something else, cause I can also make pancakes but no promises they won't be burnt." He said with a smile.

Maya took the spoon from her brother. "No, cereals fine." She said. "Is there a toy in this box?"

Peter looked at the box. "I don't think so..." He muttered. "I'll take you to that one fast food place later though and you can get a toy from there."

Maya smiled in content

They stayed in the kitchen for a while longer, Maya eating her cereal and Peter eating a granola bar. Eventually they made their way to the theatre room and watched a couple movies.

Throughout this whole time Peter couldn't help but feel as though something was off. Something seemed so...wrong. He dismissed it as nothing. After all, he would know If something were wrong.

Right?

—————
A/N:
Hello! To put it short this chapter got deleted two times before I finally got it to save. Sorry for the slow chapter, i had more planned but couldn't get to it all in one chapter, sorry.

I hope your all staying safe and having a lovely day. Thanks so much for 19.8k reads this is insane but thank you so much!

Be safe~SammyRose10🌹
—————-—————-—————-——————