Thats Totally Normal

The next day there was no school. Something about a teachers meeting. "Hey, My." Peter greeted as he stacked pancakes onto her plate. She happily dug and was about to say something but Peter stopped her.

"Nope. Chew. Do not talk with your mouth open." She obeyed and focused on the deliciousness in front of her. The Avengers seemed amused at the way Peter took care of his sister.

Peter noticed everyone staring at him and said,"What? It's common manner." "So what did you say happened to your parents?" Clint asked. Maya Tensed.

Natasha elbowed Cling in the gut. "It's fine. My dad got in a car wreck, more than likely staged and then once Hy-once they took Maya and I they, uh, got rid of her." Peter Answered.

He put a supportive hand around Maya. He hated to talk about this stuff in front of Maya but obviously some people (cough, cough, Clint) didn't pick up on that.

"Sorry for asking. I was being inconsiderate." Clint apologized. "It's fine, really." Pete lied though  his teeth.

He was pretty good at lying and keeping a poker face. Obviously not good enough to get past Natasha unfortunately. Under the table Natasha kicked Clint one last time.

"Welp, I'll be in the lab." Tony said. "Of coarse you will be." Steve said. "What? I got stuff to do!" Tony defended. "What are you working on anyway?" Peter realized how that sounded.

If he was back at Hydra this would have meant a massive beating. He didn't want that so he quickly apologized. "Sorry that came off rude. I didn't mean it." Natasha noticed his worriedness and was concerned.

Nobody else seemed to notice, though. "It's fine. I'm working on trying to make my Iron Man repulsers shoot faster without making them to much stronger. I must be doing something wrong because it keeps blowing up." Tony Answered.

Natasha snickered. Tony ignored her. "Say, you said you understood Bruce's books. Maybe you could help me out a little-" Tony said.

"No!" Steve objected. "Are you trying to get his head blown off? You said it's been exploding, I'm not letting Peter get involved in that!"

"Mama Steeb." Clint whispered to Natasha. "Mr. Rogers, it's okay. I'll be extra careful." Peter Said. 'Shoot! I'm arguing!' Peter thought. "Uh, but if you don't want me or go down there then I won't." He said quickly.

"Tony, If you blow up the kid-" Steve Warned. "I won't blow him up." Tony assured. "Fine." Steve muttered. Peter crouched down next to Maya. "I'll be right back." He said.

"Spreng nicht." Maya Said in German. (Don't blow up) "Ich werde es versuchen." Peter responded. (I'll try) Peter left the room with Tony and went to the lab.

Pete was in awe at all the high tech equipment around him. "Pretty great, huh?" Tony says. "Yeah. It's amazing!"

Pete had to bite his fanboying down a little bit. On the wall was a massive white board with an equation written on it.

"This is the equation I worked out for it. There must be something worth with it but I can't put a finger on it." Tony admitted.

Peter stared at it for a minute. "Could it be...." Peter stares a little longer. "It might be your doing too high of numbers not necessary to this part of the equation. Not to mention the capacity Your repulsers can hold is too small for all the energy your trying to store. You'll have to expand the chamber by....." Peter wrote down something on a piece of paper.

"It looks like the chamber only has to be increased by 3%." He concluded. Tony stood in shock. "I-I. How? I-that's correct. How did I not see this before?" Tony looked at his equation and then at Peter's.

"Wanna help me work it all into the iron man suit?" Tony suggested. "Really?" Peter's eyes bugged but he quickly makes it again with his poker face. Tony noticed this. They began working on the suit.

Peter was doing really well. "Jeez, kid! Your good at this stuff. I might as well get you your own lab." Tony was only half joking. Peter smiled. "So I know it none of my business but ima bout to make it mine...." Tony said.

"When we first met, Back at Hydra, Who was that kid that, uh, got, uh, you know." Peter's eyes turned sad but he masked it.

"That was Jack. He was another kid there. I made it my mission to protect him the same way i do with Maya. I really tried to protect him. Every time he would get mind controlled I would help him break out of it. We didn't share a cell like myself and Maya so it was hard to protect him 24/7." A single tear stung Peter's eyes.

He quickly wiped it away and reminded himself,'Crying is weakness, weakness is punishable.'

"I, uh, we became friends. I promised him we would get out of there....I broke that promise and it's now my fault he's dead." Peter Said, his voice breaking. Tony put a supporting hand on his shoulder. "It's not your fault." He assured.

"Yes it is!" Peter didn't realize he rose His voice a little bit. "If I hadn't taken him off the mind controlling again then that dumb Hydra Agent wouldn't have shot him!" It was evident Peter blames himself.

Peter realized he had been made a mistake. "I-I'm, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to blow up like that." Peter looked at the floor, half expecting to get slapped across the face or kicked in the stomach or even given the heated metal rod.

He fiddled with his sleeve. "Kid, it's fine. But know that it was in no way your fault. For anything it was that Agent. I can guarantee he got what he deserved. Shield agents went there an arrested all Hydra agents left alive. He either is dead or rotting in jail. It's not your fault. Don't spend your life blaming yourself do things you couldn't control." Tony wasn't typically a feelings kinda guy but he height he was doing pretty good.

"Sorry." Peter repeated. "It's fine, Pete." Tony Said.

Tony went back to the Iron Man suit and managed to cut himself. "Fudge." Tony muttered a curse. "Are you okay?" Peter asked. "Yeah." Tony assured.

"You know if Mr. Rogers was here he would probably say 'language'. Tony laughed.

"Here let me see your hand." Peter Said. "What are you a doctor now?" Tony joked. He held out his hand for Peter to see a small cut on his index finger.

"No but I have a form of healing powers." Peter made a small green orb come out of his fingertips and without warning he pressed it again the cut. "What the-" The green ball blocked the view of the cut and slowly got smaller. When it full disintegrated there was no cut.

"How did you- Why haven't you done that before?" Tony asked. "It uh, takes a lot of energy to use certain powers." Peter less energetic and awake. Tony noticed.

"Okay, that's totally normal. Peter, that was unnecessary. All it would have taken was was a bandaid." Tony said. "It's okay. I can handle it. Unfortunately that's one of my weaker powers so you can forget healing broken bones and concussions." Peter Said.

"Yeah but now aren't you hurt? Or At least weaker?" Tony asked. "No, I'm fine." Peter lied. He was feeling a little dizzy and some things were blurry. "Alright well let's try to avoid you using any powers that will drain your energy." Tony suggested.

"Alright, Sorry." Peter apologized. Tony swore this kid said sorry more than any other word. Every now and then he would look across to
hi-the kid and smile at how happy he looked just simply tinkering with a couple gadgets.