Suspicion

T/W:
Panic (could also be described as a panic attack), Anxious thoughts,

A/N:
Blame my school for lack of updates. Who in their right mind has a twelve page test with only one day to study?
————————————————————————

Peter scrolled through his phone as he sat with Tony, just enjoying his company. "So," Peter dragged on the 'o'. "I kinda need to talk to Maya but she's mad at me."

"Maya? Mad at you? That's new. You must have messed up big time." Tony said, jokingly.

"I mean, you aren't wrong." Peter admitted. He glanced out the window as he explained the situation, leaving Bucky out of the entire thing.

"Ah," Tony gulped. "Yeah, she's probably a bit mad. But, hey, she'll probably forgive you regardless."

"I hope so." Peter sighed. He gripped his phone as he got up off the bed. "I'll be back later." He said, slipping out the door.

Moments later Bruce came back in along with Natasha. "Hey, Tones." Natasha greeted.

"Ah, yes, my favorite assassin." Tony joked. Natasha rolled her eyes. "Where's Peter?"

"He just left. He said he needed to talk to Maya about something."

Natasha winced. "That's a 50/50 conversation."

Tony hummed an agreement as he looked out the window.  "Y'know-" Natasha began, hesitantly. "The whole time you've been gone Peter's slept hardly a couple hours."

Tony snapped his neck around.

"He what‽"

Natasha hid her laugh. "Yeah. I tried to get him to sleep but he literally wouldn't. So now that your back it's your job to make sure your kid gets sleep."

"What the-" Tony ignored everything she said. "You should have made him sleep! I've been gone for what feels like a months and you're telling me not once did you get him to sleep?"

"Hey, it's not my fault the spider didn't sleep!" The conversation seemed hesitant to Natasha. As if she was second guessing everything she was saying, a very out of character thing to do.

Tony combed his hands through his hair. "I swear to gosh if his sleep schedule is even crazier then before I'm gonna-"

"Careful," Natasha warned. "You almost sound like a dad."

••••

Peter traveled down the hallway, glancing into Maya's room. The light was off with no one inside. As he traveled further down the hallway his room, open and with the light on, caught his attention.

On his desk was his web shooters. He hadn't been spider-man for what felt like ages.

What kind of superhero are you? Heroes don't just give up like that.

Peter submerged his thoughts. He snatched the web shooters from his desk and slid them onto his wrists. He didn't know why but he felt like just having them made him the slightest  bit more confident.

He took a moment of thought before making his way to the living room. As he entered he saw Maya was in the corner with her tablet, leaning against the window and taking a picture of the streets below.

Peter made a mental note to get her a camera when all of this blew over.

Sitting on the couch was Bucky. He had his metal arm against the arm of the chair with his other one holding the tv remote. He glanced up at Peter, giving a light sigh.