Einstein

T/W: (pretty big trigger warnings ahead) implied sexual abuse, flashbacks,

(If a chapter triggers you on any book remember that you are not obligated to read it. There is nothing wrong with skipping a chapter, stay safe.)
————————

Peter sighed, trying to calm himself down. "Bucky, we're done here. Whatever's going on with you...just figure it out." He said, turning his back to walk away.

"Peter-" Bucky grabbed Peter's wrist with his arm that wasn't made of metal.

Peter tensed up, looking back and Bucky but not seeing him. His muscle memory cursed him to only see Skip grabbing him.

"S-skip?" Younger Peter questioned, hating how he was practically cornered by the older man.

His sister wasn't even born at the time. Mary, his mother, was simply heavily pregnant. Eight year old Peter had to be left with his baby sitter while his mother and father went to grab even more items for the baby nursery.

Skip silenced the young boy, assuring him everything was perfectly fine. Fast forward to nearly an hour later and Peter was not fine.

They were now in the living room, Skip scrolling through his phone and Peter simply staring at his hands, ashamed. Skip had been hired to 'babysit' the eight year old since he was a known family friend and trusted.

All Peter could do is sit there, numb, and wait for his parents to be back. Not that he would tell them, Skip had scared him enough for him to be terrified to tell anyone.

(A/N: I'm sorry but I have to say this, if this ever happened to you remember it is not your fault and telling someone is one of the best thing you can do.)

All he could feel was Skip's disgusting hands holding down his wrists and pinning him against the wall. That was two days before Maya was born.

Two days before the best day of his life.

Peter immediately shook off Bucky's hand, instinctively. 'What was that?' He thought. He had experience with flashbacks but never so suddenly.

"Bucky, honestly. We're not getting anywhere with arguing so just drop it for now. I suggest you talk with Steve, though. About whatever is going on." He suggested, gently.

He couldn't help but feel concerned at Bucky's sudden, irrational, behavior. He walked off, holding his wrist in his hand as he left the room, leaving no room for argument. He immediately went to go find Maya and make sure she was alright only to see her sitting with Steve in the kitchen.

Steve had a concerned look on his face as he sat with the smaller child. "What happened?" He asked, standing up and waking to Peter.

Steve and Peter walked into the other room so Maya wouldn't hear. "She didn't tell you?" Peter asked.

Steve shook his head. Peter sighed. "Something's wrong with Bucky. I heard him arguing with Maya, something he would never do." He explained.

Steve remained quiet. "I'll talk with him." He said eventually, beginning to walk off but Peter stopped him.

"Not now, I don't think it's the right time." Peter said. Steve nodded, walking back to the kitchen. Peter followed, going to Maya and wrapping her up in a hug.