Westcott

T/W:
Mentions of non descriptive past sexual assault, panic attack, my writing

As he finally found a corner of which he could summon his suit he saw something out of the corner of his eye. Or rather someone. He froze, color draining from his face and his blood running cold after identifying who it was.

It was the same man from the ally that day. At first Peter tried to convince himself it was his eyes playing tricks on him.

'Trauma does that. It's not him. It's not-'

He looked closer at the man and concluded it wasn't just his eyes. That was the man he saw in the ally. His heart rate sped up, the feeling of  unfamiliar weakness washing over him again.

He tried to steady his breathing, trying to
Convince himself that now he was stronger and not half dead;He could fight back now.
He climbed up the building, sitting on the roof to ensure that the man from the ally wouldn't be able to see him.

He hadn't realized he was hyperventilating until he heard his own uneven gasps. Peter tried the best thing he could do right now would be take a picture of the man.

With shaky hands and uneven breaths he took out his phone, leaned out from the roof and took a quick and clear photo of the man. 

He didn't check the photo, he couldn't. After taking a moment to collect himself he summoned his suit, swinging away and trying to clear his head from the memories forcing their way into his brain.

"Peter? Your heart rate seems to be mildly increased." Karen informs. Peter thought he had calmed down enough for her not to notice but apparently not.

"I'm fine now, Karen." Peter assures.

"I was instructed by Mr. Stark to inform him if at any time your heart rate gets dangerously high or to the point of an anxiety attack." Karen insisted.

"No! I-I mean..no. That's not necessary, I'm fine now." Peter reassures. "When exactly did Da-Tony, Tony, add that feature?"

Karen pulled up the date on his mask, allowing him to see the exact time as well.

After staring at the date for a bit he concluded,"That was around the time I went missing..." Peter tried to pass it off as a coincidence.

Peter hadn't realized just how long he'd been swinging around to no particular destination until the street lamps kicked on and he realized it was almost completely dark.

"Incoming call from,'Tony Stark ⎊" Karen informed.

Peter sighed. "Accept."

Tony's face popped up. "Kid, where are you it's dark and Steve's worried." He said.

"Tony was the worried one!" Steve could be heard calling in the background.

"Shush it, Rogers!" Tony yelled back.

"That's gunna be your last name soon, Stark!" Steve called.

Peter chuckled at the chaoticy of his dysfunctional family.

"Anyway, where are you? You've been gone for like a near 7 hours!" Tony asked.

'Oh shoot, that long?' Peter thought. "Oh, uh, I'm on my way back now so I'll see you soon." He assured.

"Alright, stay safe. Bye." Tony said, emphasizing the 'stay safe' part.

"Yeah, okay. Love you, bye."

Peter froze hearing what he just said. Tony was about to say something but Peter hung up the call immediately.

"Peter, your your heart rate has sped up again." Karen informed.