17: This Humiliation

Don't forget to VOTE and add to your reading list!!

This Humiliation

"I don't know what to think of her." Mary Jane pipes up in the back seat of my car.

"I like her she just doesn't seem to know when to keep her mouth shut." Ella adds.

"She's not staying is she?" Mary Jane asks.

"Mary Jane!" Ella and I scold her.

"She just moved here, she doesn't have any friends okay. But I'm sure she'll find some soon." I pull into the parking lot of ice cream parlor.

"Let's hope so." Mary Jane rolls her eyes, which I see from my rear view mirror.

"What's your problem with her anyways?" Ella asks curiously.

"I have English with her for the last class of the day. She already got in trouble with the teacher and blamed it on me!"

"Well pretend to like her for the next hour okay? She said she'll meet us here soon."

After my talk with Lucas we all met at my locker, where Ella and Mary Jane wanted to play twenty questions with me, we all decided to go to the ice cream parlor after school and we invited Quinn also. She didn't seem too happy to be going to an ice cream parlor but she accepted none the less.

We all get out of the car, leaving our book bags in the trunk and start heading around the corner to the side of the building. The parking lot is so packed that I had to park behind the building. When we turn the corner Ella almost runs right into my back.

"Did you forget how to walk Sadie?" She asks laughing.

Ten feet away, leaning on the old red brick is three boys, one of them being none other than Bash. They each have cigarettes hanging out of their mouths. One has short blonde hair with a square jaw while the other boy has long blonde hair, tied back in a low ponytail, and also a square jaw.

The two are oblivious to their surroundings, while they each take a drag from the cigarettes in their mouths. Bash seems however that he knew I was there because his head snaps up to my direction. His pale blue eyes lock onto mine with an intense stare. He seems shocked for a few seconds before his friend with the long hair nudges his shoulder.

Bash turns his attention back to his friend, who whispers something in his ear while looking at me.

"Come on Sadie, let's go, I'm hungry." Mary Jane whines, dragging me with her.

As we pass the boys I open my mouth to say hello to Bash, when he turns to his friends and says, "I can do better."

All three boys look to me, the two blondes laughing behind their cigarettes.

I pick up my speed, wanting nothing more than to get far away from Bash as possible. I know what he said was about me, and his friends words just prove it.

"She totally heard that dude!" I hear one laugh before I turn another corner.

Tears threaten to spill but I force them back so my friends won't see.

After how nice I was to Bash when he didn't deserve my kindness and he laughs to his friends about me. I feel like Ned Flanders from The Simpsons right now.

It's strange but I've never been out right laughed at before. I've always been so far under the radar that no one bothered to give me a second look. It's the first time I've felt it but I don't like the twisting of my stomach at all.

...

Quinn never showed up to the ice cream shop. She texted me since I gave her my number earlier and she said she ran into some friends.