This New Years

Once I'm in the confines of my bedroom I whip my cell phone out, scrolling through my contacts frantically until I find his name. When I do I press down on the touch screen like I would a bug on the sidewalk.

The phone rings only twice before he picks up.

"Blondie? Why are you calling me?"

"I hate you," I scream, tears leaking from my eyes like a broken damn. "You ruined everything! I wish I never met you! Why can't you keep it in your god damn pants for once Sebastian! I'm not your damn play thing! Ugh! I shouldn't have been nice to you ever! You didn't deserve my kindness because all it brought me was stupid heart ache you asshole!"

"Hey whoa Sadie calm-"

I throw my phone at the wall, breaking my phone as well as the wall.

Tragically, I lean against my door and slide down until I can bring my legs up to my chest and huddle in on myself in till the world falls away around me.

...

Hours later the house is silent with my parent's absence since they left for a friend's party. It's two hours before the beginning of the new year and I can't think of anything else but how I wish I can bring it in with Lucas.

Instead of being wrapped up with my boyfriend I'm lying in my bed listening to sad music on repeat and staring blankly at the wall. I will my eyes to shut, to let me have some peace but I can't.

Every time I close my eyes I see Lucas's wet eyes looking back at me.

Halfway through a Taylor Swift song, her earlier songs that could serve as the best soundtrack for my situation right now, I hear something tap against my window.

Tap.

I sit up from my bed, clutching the covers closer to my chest, waiting for another sound.

Tap. Tap.

I throw my covers off and plant my feet on the ground, preparing to fight off whatever mythical creature is waiting outside my window.

Tap.

I hesitantly get out of my bed, reaching for the closest weapon next to me. A stuffed animal Lucas got me a couple weeks ago.

"Sadie!" At the sound of the muffled deep voice below my window I drop the stuffed animal and rush towards the window.

Excitement and nerves shoot through my body all at once. Lucas has come back ready to forgive me! I knew he couldn't have been gone for too long, besides I'll do everything in my power to make it up to him. No words or actions could describe how truly sorry I am though.

I slide my window open so quickly that Lucas wasn't able to stop the rock from flying out of his hand in time.

The smooth but hard rock hits me right in the middle of the head. Immediately I feel the pain and back up into my bed to sit down.

Well this isn't romantic...

I shut my eyes and slowly lay back on the bed when I start to see black invade my vision. Wait until I tell our grandkids this story... they'll find it hilarious. I might leave out the part about the kiss though, they won't find that funny I think.

I hear something land on the floor in between me and the window but I don't have enough courage to open my eyes. Talk about humiliating.

"Sadie? God, are you okay?" I feel him move his body until he's standing between my legs with his two hands on my thighs.

Just the sound of his concern makes any doubt I've had about him forgiving me wash away. If he cares about me than he has to forgive me... right?

I open my eyes to see my loving boyfriend in my bedroom, ready to forgive me for being such an idiot but instead I see him.