Bash's POV 3

Hold it for ten more seconds.

Nine more.

She's in that crowd.

Don't break away now, you can't.

Eight seconds.

You get to hold her.

Seven.

You get to kiss her.

Six.

You get to see her.

Five.

You get to breathe in her scent.

Four more.

You get to hear her voice.

Three more.

You get to hear her laugh again.

Two more.

Everything will be okay.

One more second.

She's here.

The bell rings and instantly the crowd made up of families come running down the bleachers and into our array of soldiers. Wives kiss their husbands, children jump into their father's arms around me, and I'm about to lose it and go look for her myself.

I need her, I need her now.

But then I see her blonde hair from afar. She's standing just beyond the line of soldiers and I have a perfect view point of her. My eyes meet hers since she's already staring at me with a soft smile. I begin to wonder why she isn't moving. Why isn't she running up to me? Why isn't she jumping into my arms? Why isn't she crying tears of joy like the women around me are?

The movement of her left hand catches my attention because of the sparkly rock I put on it. It might have cost me a fortune but it was worth it. She moves her left hand off her stomach and even from this far away I can still read her shirt.

"Little soldier in training," is written right over her belly.

My throat clogs up, my eyes bulge out of their sockets, my knees nearly buckle underneath me.

In a second flat I'm sprinting across the gymnasium, knocking people out of the way, not caring that I'm supposed to stay in my spot.

I don't ask her if it's true, from the tears streaming down her face and the grin splitting her face in two I know there's a little me inside of her tummy.

"God I love you," I cry and pick her up in my arms, spinning her around. She laughs freely and loudly, clutching on to my shoulders for dear life.

"I love you too," she cries happily.

I don't set her down on the ground, instead I keep her in my arms safely with her feet dangling off the floor. "Is it a boy," I ask knowingly.

She nods her hear, her eyes twinkling with delight.

"I'm going to be a Dad," I say breathless, tears blurring my vision.

"Yes you are," she giggles, stroking my cheek lovingly.

"I'm going to be a Dad," I say louder, shock still evident in my voice. "I'm going to be a Dad," I say even louder. Then I turn to the crowd and shout at the tops of my lungs, "Attention!"

Every single soldier drops what they're doing and stands at attention. "Yes sir," they all bellow at the same time. They're spouses and families look around curious, all eyes landing on me.

It's odd being in charge of a whole squadron now, especially when I'm so young, almost 30 but I love how everyone is forced to listen to me brag, like now.

"I'm going to be a Dad motherfuckers," I shout excited.

Laughs and cheers go up in the entire gymnasium. I run out of the building, carrying Sadie the entire way and ignoring her when she tells me to put her down. I only listen when we reach her car finally after spending fifteen minutes of searching.

I push her up against the car and kiss her deeply. I take in her smell, her touch, her lips, everything. And it's all how I remembered too.

"I promise you that I will be the best father he can have," I mumble against her lips.

"You already are," she whispers before closing the distance between us again.