This Dream

Check out song above! It's "Bigger Than Me" by Born Cages:)

...
We sleep in late the next day, not getting out of my room until twelve. Sebastian hops in the shower while I go downstairs to start the day a different way than I have this past week.

My sister and Nathan are standing in the kitchen and it's clear to me that there's something going on between them. They are standing at opposite ends of the kitchen but with tense expressions on both of their faces.

"Am I interrupting something," I ask carefully.

Nathan clenches his fists and Sarah looks away ashamed.

"Don't worry about it Bunny," Nathan grumbles.

"Well if you guys are going to throw down do you mind not doing it while I'm trying to eat? I don't want my cereal to fly everywhere," I tease them while preparing my bowl of Frosted Flakes.

"Where were you last night," Sarah asks. "You and Bash left in the middle of the night."

"You snuck out," Nathan asks outraged. "With a boy?"

I roll my eyes but throw him a smile. "A boy who is my boyfriend and is staying with us and I'm eighteen by the way. It's not really considered sneaking out, we didn't care if you noticed or not."

"Where did you go," he asks sternly. "It better not have been to some party."

"Nathan," Sarah scolds.

It's as if my parent's marriage didn't completely fall apart.

"We went to go find the guy that Mom slept with," I whisper, not wanting my Dad to hear.

"You don't have to worry about Dad. Grandma came over this morning and dragged him into her car by his hair. He's going through break up boot camp now," Sarah tells me.

"Dad will still have to talk Mom at some point," I say sadly. "To sign divorce papers and such."

Sarah sighs and sinks into a stool at the counter across from me. "We'll deal with that when we cross it alright? And I'm sorry about last night," she admitted. "I didn't mean for it sound like I support Mom in what she did to us, I was just saying that if she left us, it should have been for a good reason and-"

"Knowing she's happy is a pretty good reason," I finish for her.

Sarah reaches across the counter to grab my hand. "We have to come above this little S. We have to be strong for Dad because he can't be and we need to be the better people than Mom."

"I know," I tell her with a smile. "But I'm sticking by Dad's side if anything happens."

"Me too," she tells me. "Now tell me about this jerk who ruined everything."

"Well," I begin as Nathan sits in the seat next to Sarah. "He was in Bash's band a few weeks ago before Bash quit. The whole time we thought it was this guy named Mason because he wanted to get revenge on me for something I did to him. So we went to his house last night to confront him because Bash has some beef with him anyways, but turns out it was actually Mason's sweet and kind looking cousin the whole time. Apparently when Mason started talking to Mom, Chase met her through Mason obviously. They only slept together once but they hanged out a lot over the past couple months. From what Mason told Bash though is that Chase seemed more into her than she was into him."

"That bitch," she curses angrily. "Mom cheated on Dad?"

I nod my head sadly.

"Does Dad know," Sarah asks with a big sigh.