This Loss

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!
If you celebrate it that is but if you don't then happy Sunday or April 5th:)

Above song is Autumn Leaves by Chris Brown and being covered by Somo

...
Don't forget to VOTE and add to your reading list!!
...
This Lost

The next day I make my decision, the one which I know will benefit me for now and for the future.

So in the morning I stiffen my upper lip, I keep my chin held high, and I march downstairs in the morning to eat.

Waiting for me in the kitchen is my Mom, standing at the counter and staring blankly at the cooking pancakes.

Since I haven't been the most joyful person this weekend I thought she would've been surprised to see me in the kitchen, bright and early and with a set mind. Instead she is staring off into space with the kitchen filling with smoke.

"Good morning Mom," I say, waiting for her to notice me.

Nothing.

"I've decided that I'm running away from home," I tease.

Still nothing.

"I'm pregnant Mom."

She spins around, spatula in hand and wild eyes. "What?" She nearly screams.

"Mom," I say, holding in my laughter, "you're going to burn down the house." I inline my head to the pancakes behind her.

She turns back around and lets out a screeching sound. She frantically turns off the stove, moves the pan away, and turns on the fan.

"Guess I'm having cereal," I tell myself, already getting out the necessities.

"Look who's out of her cave," muses my Dad who struts into the kitchen in a suit and tie.

"And look who's on the way to work," I tease.

He gives me playful nudge and a kiss to the head before moving over to kiss my Mom on the cheek.

Confused, I watch in the reflection of the microwave in front of me as my Mom swiftly moves out of his reach, right before he can kiss her. He looks at her surprised and says, "Good morning honey," with a tense voice.

Instead of answering she keeps her back to him and starts to cut up an orange on the counter.

I've never really seen my parents argue about much, there was nothing to really ever argue about, so seeing this take place before me is an all new experience. One that I know I shouldn't be a part of.

So giving my parents their privacy I sneakily grab my bowl of cereal and head for the door. "I'm going to go get ready, bye guys," I holler over my shoulder.

When I get to my bedroom I don't bother to concern Sarah with this new experience, so instead I do what I intended to do since last night.

After taking a shower and covering myself in sweet scents, I rage through my closet and pick out the cutest outfit that I have and then put on a light layer of makeup. Sometime during my routine I hear the front door slam closed then seconds later, something breaking in the kitchen.

I don't want anyone or anything to ruin this day or bring me down, so I turn on the music on my stereo to tune out anything that I might hear from down stairs. Besides it's probably something very small and they'll get over it by tonight, my parents are the epitomes of true love.

Finally when I'm done, I admire myself in the mirror and start to panic on whether or not he'll like it.

"Of course he'll like it, don't freak out Sadie," I tell myself.