Chapter 2

(Hi! This is a bit of a shorter chapter but it does get more into like meeting BTS after this! Enjoy (: ) 

I had to do something...but what the hell could a 16-year-old girl do against who knows how many people. I've never actually had to fight anyone properly before, I need to find out what was going on.

That's when the thought came to me, the secret tunnels in the walls go all over the house.

I quietly ran back to my room and sifted through my books to find a sheet of paper, a hand-drawn map of the tunnels in the house. I traced along the lines and found a tunnel that leads exactly to that room. I removed a panel in the wall from my room and started to crawl through the slim tunnel. Voices started to get louder as I drew near to the room.

"Why are you doing this.... we can come to an arrangement, money, jewels anything you want!".

My mother...I could hear crying and pleading for her life. Even though I never really interacted with her, she was still my mother. Rage built up inside of me, this was my job, to protect my parents but I was frozen in fear.

All I heard was a deep laugh, it was haunting to hear. "Oh, don't worry, we will get all of that...but first we have some problems to deal with".

I shifted closer, trying to stay quiet as possible and peered through the panel. I could see my parents tied up to chairs, with guns pointed at their heads. My mother kept struggling to get free and she would be slapped any time she tried. My father just sat there not saying anything...almost like he knew what was going to happen.

The Black Diamond was a mafia group so we did have enemies but I've never seen any of these people before. I had read in books about several other groups that existed alongside us so maybe they are from one of them. There were 4 of them, two guarding the door, one sifting through documents and the fourth just pointing a gun at my parents.

Finally, my father spoke. "You might want to consider what you're doing; we have trained assassins here; our own daughter has been training for 8 years. When she finds out about this, she will come after you. She will kill you if necessary.".

The man just laughed, "I'd like to see her try, what could a young girl do, I could easily shoot her and she'd be gone. Now tell us exactly where the codes for the safes are".

My father sighed and started explaining exactly what they wanted to hear, my mother pleading for him to stop but he wouldn't.

"Great". All of a sudden there was a loud gunshot and all I could hear were screams and crying. My father had just been shot, all I could do was gasp and bite my hand to conceal my tears. I quickly shut my eyes, refusing to believe that my own father had just been shot. I could still hear my mother's spine chilling screams.

The man went close to my mother and lifted up her head and quietly said. "These will be the last words before you die...don't fuck with the red fox".

Bang

I curled up and closed my eyes to try to control my breathing so I didn't just scream out. What could I even do...if I go back to my room, they are probably trashing the place and would definitely find me...but I couldn't just stay here? That's when a thought popped into my mind...the secret room I have, they would never find there.

I started to crawl back through the tunnel and headed towards the room. I could see through the panels' numerous people stealing the jewels and paintings from the walls. I pushed the panel in the wall into a small room. It had a large bookshelf with trinkets and books sprawled on it, drawings were pinned all on the walls. I turned on my lamp and just sat on the floor and burst into tears. 

My parents were deceased...the leaders of this business, the reason why I was training. I know they never really treated me as their child but some of my father's last words kept repeating in my mind. 'our own daughter has been training for 8 years. When she finds out about this, she will come after you.' My whole life I had been scolded for doing wrong and in his last moments, he believed in me.

The red fox, that name I've heard before from some of the older assassins and read about in one of the newspapers I found in the library. I got up and searched through my books until I found it. I started to read.

'The red fox has been established for 10 years. Their main crimes involve robberies and drug organisations. In 2006, jewels worth 5 million dollars were stolen from a museum located in Washington. These jewels have never been located and no one knows exactly what happened. All that was left at the scene was a red spray-painted fox symbol. This is the main symbol for the mafia group; however, no evidence was found to press charges. No one has ever been arrested.'

I chuck the paper to the side and sigh, I need to get out of here. I need to plan my escape without getting caught. I go to the bookshelf and pull out a knife from the back, not much of a weapon but it's all I could sneak out of the weapons room without anyone noticing. I gathered the few supplies I had in the room and began to crawl back through the tunnel until I ended up at a blank wall. I put my ear to the wall to listen for anyone and there was silence, I kicked the panel out and ended up outside. I didn't think twice and took off running, I ran into the forest outside the house and just kept going. I had no idea where I was going.

But what I did know was I was going to avenge my parent's death. 

I have to find out more about the red fox.